Help with Music for Defossez Concerto

Pictures, video, etc.
Crazy4Tbone86

Help with Music for Defossez Concerto

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Hey Folks,

I really don't know what category to put this request in. I thought "music business" might be the best fit....

I recently pulled out my music for the Concerto for Trombone (and piano) by Rene Defossez. It is published by Uitgave Metropolis out of Antwerp, Belgium in 1960. I purchased this piece back in the 1970s after hearing it on a recital. I have performed it a couple times, the last time being in the late 1990s. It has been tucked away in a filing cabinet for over 20 years.

Much to my dismay, it appears that the last page or two of the piano part are missing. I'm thinking that my accompanist lost it back in the 1990s and I didn't notice it was missing when she returned the music. If she did find it some time later, I can understand if she could not figure out what piece it was associated with......she accompanied so many people! Being that my copy is quite ragged, I thought it might be good to buy another copy. Unfortunately, this piece is out of print and unavailable. There is evidence that used copies have been offered and sold....everything comes up as unavailable. As of now, my search is at a dead end.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has this piece and could help me with the final measures of the piano accompaniment. I'm not big on photocopies, but it might be my only option to keep this piece alive and kicking. If anyone is able to send me a PDF of page 15 to the end (rehearsal 7 to the end) of the piano part (last 49 measures), I would really appreciate it. By the spacing of the music, I am predicting that it is two pages (front and back on the original).

Thank you for the consideration!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
BGuttman

Re: Help with Music for Defossez Concerto

Post by BGuttman »

Moved this to Media, although there probably ought to be a "Music" subcategory. This comes up from time to time: "I have the Concerto by Walter Plinge and I'm missing the 3rd page of the solo Zaripophone part ..." .
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Crazy4Tbone86

Re: Help with Music for Defossez Concerto

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

I found the piano part. Thanks!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast

Return to “Media”