Pictures, video, etc.
trombonejb

Trombone Moments in Orchestra 4

Post by trombonejb »

Bach 42A - DE Silver XT N104 Rim, XT F+✯Cup, G8 Shank
FOSSIL

Re: Trombone Moments in Orchestra 4

Post by FOSSIL »

How very nice to see my dear friend Bramwell Tovey conducting Puncinella.
Some pretty decent trombone playing in there too..

Chris
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

I thought the same thing Chris. Bramwell has been a favorite guest conductor here, and was slated to take over the Opera here (our orchestra plays the pit work), but he withdrew because of his recent health issues. Hoping that he is well, and on the road to recovery!

Jim Scott
RustBeltBass

Post by RustBeltBass »

This CSO section sounds unreal, doesn’t get any better than this.
Kdanielsen

Post by Kdanielsen »

FOSSIL wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:13 am How very nice to see my dear friend Bramwell Tovey conducting Puncinella.
Some pretty decent trombone playing in there too..

Chris
Lis Shafer is an excellent player. We finished our DMAs at BU the same year and her incredible lyrical sound was always inspiring to me.
Kris Danielsen D.M.A.

Westfield State University and Keene State College
Lecturer of Low Brass

Principal Trombone, New England Repertory Orchestra
2nd Trombone, Glens Falls Symphony
RustBeltBass

Post by RustBeltBass »

RustBeltBass wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 am This CSO section sounds unreal, doesn’t get any better than this.
Oh Francis Baur sounds great in the Kodaly, Frankfurt Radio has two bass trombonists, and both of them are amazing. The Tuba player is David Glidden, a student of the great Arnold Jacobs !
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

CalgaryTbone wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:11 am I thought the same thing Chris. Bramwell has been a favorite guest conductor here, and was slated to take over the Opera here (our orchestra plays the pit work), but he withdrew because of his recent health issues. Hoping that he is well, and on the road to recovery!

Jim Scott
Yes, Bram has had a lot of health issues in the last few years. I very much hope he is through the worst. We were at school together and sat next to each other in the youth orchestra. He was a brilliant tubist, but that was not enough being the stellar musician that he is. Composer, conductor, pianist....he does it all...he was also best man at our wedding and godfather to our son Tom. A special man.

Chris

Return to “Media”