Classifieds Question

Spin your yarns here.
WGWTR180

Classifieds Question

Post by WGWTR180 »

Has anyone else had this issue? I've had 2 different people get in touch regarding items I have for sale here. After reaching a deal on a price both said they'd send me the money via Paypal. 3 days passed and nothing has been sent. I sent follow up emails with zero response. Space cadets? Scammers?? Or just folks wasting my time? Just curious. Thx.
thatme

Re: Classifieds Question

Post by thatme »

Impossible to say for sure, but likely just (near) buyer’s remorse. Happens to me from time to time as well.
Rath R9 Bass
B&S GR-51 BBb Tuba
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

There are some pretty devastating things going on in the real world at the moment. My default would be to assume something came up. That said, I've been contacted by a few people indicating they haven't been certain if another member received their email. Of course, this platform doesn't handle emails in that capacity, that's between your email provider and their email provider. But in at least one of those circumstances it appears that the recipient made an email specifically for either TBC or for trombone stuff in general (as I have) but then don't check it regularly or check it sporadically... lost their password, etc. And in another instance, sold it elsewhere (Facebook) and then stopped checking the other locations.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Sometimes it's a kid who suddenly learns you can't get a PayPal account on nothing.

At least the deal fell through without you having shipped any goods.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

All of the above is appreciated. I don't want to post the names but if anyone else has been contacted in this manner and wants to PM me for the names I'll share privately. YES Bruce luckily no goods were sent ahead of payments.

Return to “Tangents”