Coranavirus Trombonist experience.

Spin your yarns here.
DakoJack

Coranavirus Trombonist experience.

Post by DakoJack »

Just released a new podcast about playing trombone during the Coronavirus would love for you to listen and tell me about your experience during this and what's helping you get through the pandemic.
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1169810/4311 ... 8JJeNsX5s0
Cotboneman

Re: Coranavirus Trombonist experience.

Post by Cotboneman »

Thanks for bringing up the topic. A lot of us were caught with no playing opportunities when the shutdown came. For pro trombonists who make their living playing, I can't imagine the anguish they must still feel, not really knowing when they will be able to safely ply their craft.

For retired educators like myself, who play for enjoyment, I've been able to continue playing in small trombone trios and quartets, keeping socially distant on outdoor patios and garages the whole time. I've even given a couple of driveway concerts, which have been fun. However, I'm not playing in the larger ensembles that I am member of for obvious reasons, and don't have a clue when those seasons may safely begin, especially here in Arizona, where there is a big spike in new cases.

As a retired band director, you raise an interesting point about the traditional "band night" instrument tryout events that we have all organized or participated in. Sanitation has always been a challenge for that event, even in the best of times. I honestly do not know how it can be done this fall with out considerable Covid super spreader risk. I suspect they may not take place as we knew them.

Return to “Tangents”