Suffer From Overactive Bladder ? Read This.....

Spin your yarns here.
Driswood

Suffer From Overactive Bladder ? Read This.....

Post by Driswood »

I was diagnosed with Overactive Bladder about fifteen years ago. I originally was prescribed Myrbetriq, which worked great. Then, about eleven years ago, my insurance quit covering it. $450 a month was too much for me too handle, so I quit taking it.

I had a lithotripsy done for a kidney stone last summer. On my followup visit with my urologist, I asked him about my OAB. I was going to the bathroom 8 - 10 times a day, and 3 - 4 times a night. Rough playing a gig like that! Made travel very difficult. And it was never JUST go to the bathroom. It was urgent!!

He recommended an Axonics Sacral Neuromodulator. It's implanted in my right butt cheek, below my waist, and a lead lays along my spine. Lets my brain and bladder communicate correctly. Now, I sleep through the night, and go hours between bathroom breaks. Medicare and my health insurance paid for it completely. I had zero out of pocket expense. I was interviewed by a local TV station, and I've attached a link to the interview. I'm also attaching a link to the Axonics website.

If you suffer from OAB, please check this out. It has been a game changer for me.

https://www.wfla.com/bloom/urinary-inco ... ve-with-2/

https://www.axonics.com/hcp
Last edited by Driswood on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Walker

Happily Retired :good:

1957 Conn 6H
Schilke 47B
1989 Yamaha YSL-684G
Bach 6 3/4C
harrisonreed

Re: Suffer From Overactive Blader? Read This.....

Post by harrisonreed »

Most people who have suffered from an overactive blader wind up in the hospital, with knife wounds.
Driswood

Re: Suffer From Overactive Blader? Read This.....

Post by Driswood »

harrisonreed wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:29 pm Most people who have suffered from an overactive blader wind up in the hospital, with knife wounds.
Thanks! Fixed it ๐Ÿ˜
Jerry Walker

1957 Conn 6H
Schilke 47B
1989 Yamaha YSL-684G
Bach 6 3/4C
TriJim

Re: Suffer From Overactive Bladder ? 'Remember Movember'

Post by TriJim »

Probably TMI and nobody wants a 'downer' before Christmas, but I was in the hospital last week and now have 6 abdominal wounds (and not for an implant).

Please, even if you don't have bladder or other symptoms - remember the purpose of 'Movember' - to remind us to have periodic testicular and prostate checks.

Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in adult men (after skin cancer). 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. Even if you feel well - get the exam. By the time you have symptoms, the cancer may be advanced.
Driswood

Post by Driswood »

TriJim wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:24 am Probably TMI and nobody wants a 'downer' before Christmas, but I was in the hospital last week and now have 6 abdominal wounds (and not for an implant).

Please, even if you don't have bladder or other symptoms - remember the purpose of 'Movember' - to remind us to have periodic testicular and prostate checks.

Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in adult men (after skin cancer). 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. Even if you feel well - get the exam. By the time you have symptoms, the cancer may be advanced.
Good advice! How are you doing now?
Jerry Walker

1957 Conn 6H
Schilke 47B
1989 Yamaha YSL-684G
Bach 6 3/4C
TriJim

Post by TriJim »

Driswood wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:23 am
TriJim wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:24 am Probably TMI and nobody wants a 'downer' before Christmas, but I was in the hospital last week and now have 6 abdominal wounds (and not for an implant).

Please, ... have periodic testicular and prostate checks.
Good advice! How are you doing now?
Getting better every day. No lifting or playing trombone for 4-6 weeks (post-op hernia risk), but tolerating a regular diet and cath is finally out. Thanks for asking.

Return to โ€œTangentsโ€