2020 ...

Spin your yarns here.
Posaunus

2020 ...

Post by Posaunus »

... it's almost over! We'll all remember this year for the rest of our lives. 2021 WILL be better.

Happy new year, Trombone Chatters!
Burgerbob

Re: 2020 ...

Post by Burgerbob »

It'll be better because we make it better. Don't take it for granted!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

Hate to ruin the party but were starting at the same place we left off. If you want it to be better then we will have to wrk hard for it. On a lighter note, despite what the media might make you think, lots of great things have also happened this year.

Happy New Years!
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

JCBone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:33 pm ... despite what the media might make you think ....
JCBone,

The "media" don't "make" me think anything. I get my information from a variety of sources, and regularly cross-check and verify. And of course I avoid "news" from propaganda purveyors like QAnon, Breitbart, etc.

I myself will work hard to have a better 2021, and hope that things will improve for many of us (including unemployed musicians, actors, dancers, teachers, restaurant workers, and millions of others who are still suffering).

But we will have new leadership in this country, which gives me hope. And I am scheduled to receive a Covid-19 vaccine in the next few months! Until then, I remain mostly in isolation.
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

Posaunus wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 pm
JCBone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:33 pm ... despite what the media might make you think ....
JCBone,

The "media" don't "make" me think anything. I get my information from a variety of sources, and regularly cross-check and verify. And of course I avoid "news" from propaganda purveyors like QAnon, Breitbart, etc.

I myself will work hard to have a better 2021, and hope that things will improve for many of us (including unemployed musicians, actors, dancers, teachers, restaurant workers, and millions of others who are still suffering).

But we will have new leadership in this country, which gives me hope. And I am scheduled to receive a Covid-19 vaccine in the next few months! Until then, I remain mostly in isolation.
I never said it does. But seriously, the media focuses way too much on the negative. But regardless, the point is is that 2020 also brought many blessings which we should be thankful for and I think those things do deserve recognition.
ArbanRubank

Post by ArbanRubank »

A year is like a bulletin board. Just because someone puts something bad on a bulletin board doesn't make the bulletin board bad.

Let's appreciate the good things and work through the bad. The earth will continue to orbit the sun while we do.
Cotboneman

Post by Cotboneman »

The beginning of 2021 will not be great, but one has to maintain hope for better days ahead. We can do our part. Happy New Year!
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

ArbanRubank wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:00 pm A year is like a bulletin board. Just because someone puts something bad on a bulletin board doesn't make the bulletin board bad.

Let's appreciate the good things and work through the bad. The earth will continue to orbit the sun while we do.
good point
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

Here are some things we can be proud of for accomplishing this year
*Huge breakthroughs in space exploration
*General technological advancement
*progress in the middle east
*Record high literacy rate
* Rising average lifespan.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

All the news out of SpaceX, even Starship blowing up the other day, has been pretty good this year. And my investment portfolio. Seriously, when is SpaceX going to have an IPO? Funding even $5000 worth of the Starship that brings back the $10,000 quadrillion asteroid would make me pretty much all set.

I haven't even eaten a Veggie Lover's Pan pizza in over a year, so 2020 was essentially a disaster in that respect.
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

I’ll try to put a positive spin on 2020....

Most of the musicians that I know have been working hard on their musicianship while stuck at home during this pandemic. Many colleagues have shared with me that they have used this time to focus on skills that they have previously neglected or literature that the set aside years ago. I have also used this year to work diligently on projects and skills.

It is my hope that all of this work will produce artistic dividends. I believe we will return to making music together (probably mid-2021 or later) with many musicians who will be exceptionally well-prepared and very eager to play!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast

Return to “Tangents”