Spin your yarns here.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Because I want live music and performance opportunities to happen again in Virginia, please sign up for your vaccine appointment at this link:

https://vax.preregister.virginia.gov/#/

To verify that you're already on the list, go here:

https://vax.preregister.virginia.gov/#/search

No political statement, just let's do what has to be done to revive music in our little corner of the world.

I always thought the song "The Day The Music Died" was written by someone with an overactive imagination, but it really came true, at least for a while. Let's resuscitate live music.
BGuttman

Re: Sign up for an appointment to get vax in Virginia

Post by BGuttman »

It's an awful long drive from here in Cow Hampshire to Virginia. But I already have an appointment for my first "jab" in March.

The effects of Thanksgiving and Christmas are beginning to wear off. Let's hope the downward trend continues.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

My folks in Maryland tell me that it's very difficult to get an appointment over there. Despite their county being the most populated, they have to go to another county to get it. Problem is, that county doesn't have enough doses for out of county people. It sounds like a nightmare. Luckily the government where I live has been doing a good job.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Yeah, well, you should really get your shot in your home state. Didn't think I needed to say that. I mean if you come down here, and it's maybe a balmy 35 degrees or something you might have a heat stroke, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for that. :pant: So you can keep your COWrona up there where it belongs, but I know we have a lot of listeners from the mess that is I-95 through Richmond and yonder, and now we have a single place to go sign up for the whole state.

I know only 5 people who have their shots, and one of them went to Florida to get it. ~350 million people X 2 shots (minus a few whackadoodles) :amazed: . That's a lot of juice to make. And give.
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

I've had both of mine through my employer, and it was the Moderna one.

The first shot gave me a sore shoulder for one day; the second shot wiped me out. The arm didn't hurt but I had extreme fatigue and took a day off work. Next day i was fine.

Kind of nice though, I registered when I got the shot and I get a text every day asking how I feel and going through a list of symptoms.
KWL

Post by KWL »

Thanks for posting this, hyperbolica. When the Virginia site was down the first couple of hours on Tuesday, I thought things were going to be bad, but it was soon up and running as designed. Mrs. KWL discovered though she thought she had pre-registered with the local health district, she was not in the new central database. The new system allowed her to easily fix that. Now we wait to get that email or text to schedule an appointment. (tapping foot, drumming fingers...)

For you healthy young whippersnappers, anyone can pre-register, not just those in phases 1a and 1b. You just won't get the call until it is your time.

Ken
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

My first shot made me completely exhausted for about 24 hours. I slept for a ridiculously long period of time and then felt better than normal. Not looking forward to how I'll feel after the second one in a few days, but eager to be done with it.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

I had my second shot last Wednesday (Pfizer). No reaction either time. If I hadn't known I had gotten a shot, the next day would have offered no clue that one had occurred. (which is my typical reaction to any shot at any time)

Whatever the after-shot symptoms experienced are, they are the result of your individual immune system's reaction to the shot. As with Covid itself, reactions vary greatly. There may likely prove to be a rhyme to the reason, but for now, it's guesses (some a good bet better than others, but still, a ? at this time).
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

My wife took my mother in law to get her second shot today. Like the first one, no reaction. My wife said as they were waiting, a lady walked up to the sign-in desk and asked "are there any cancellations?". They said no, asked when was she scheduled for and she said she wasn't signed up, she just wanted to get it now. When told she had to register on line and wait her turn my wife says she got pissed. I think her name was Karen...
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King

Return to “Tangents”