Remote control for videos on your computer?

Spin your yarns here.
Bach5G

Remote control for videos on your computer?

Post by Bach5G »

I’m working through guitar instructional videos on my computer and I thought it would be handy to have a remote.

Is there such a thing?
Neo Bri

Re: Remote control for videos on your computer?

Post by Neo Bri »

Kind of. You can use an app called Unified Remote from a phone. You can also try looking into IF receivers that might work with universal remotes. There is a learning curve to setting things like this up and may not be worth it.
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

Try here:
https://fossbytes.com/android-apps-control-pc/

Basically you want the phone to control or emulate a mouse.

So maybe it would be easier to just have a wireless mouse. We had them at work until the network people said they were a risk.

We had a little dongle that inserted into a USB and talked to the wireless mouse. You could be pretty far away from the PC and still control the screen.
cmcslide

Post by cmcslide »

Any Bluetooth mouse or trackpad should work for this...
MagnumH

Post by MagnumH »

Wireless mouse or keyboard (you could even buy a smaller portable one) is an easy option, or if you're using a mac you can use a physical Apple Remote (about $20) or the Remote app on an iPhone to control it as far as play/pause, volume, etc. This may also work for iTunes on a Windows PC, but I can't vouch for that.

If you play it through bluetooth speakers or headphones then often the play/pause button on the headphones, or the speakers remote, will also work to control video playback.
Matt Hawke
Trombonist/Arranger/Bandleader
White Hot Brass Band // The Sideways // The Brass Machine
Stable: BAC Paseo W6 w/ DE MTN102 B+3; King 3B/F w/ Bach 4C; King 2B w/ King 12C

Return to “Tangents”