Ebay

Spin your yarns here.
Elow

Ebay

Post by Elow »

What happened??? I tried to post something back a couple months and had such a hard time and eventually just gave up and forgot about. Now i just tried to submit an offer for a horn and says i can’t. I cant even message people? Am i like blacklisted or something???
Matt K
Verified

Re: Ebay

Post by Matt K »

Your account should have no such restrictions. Can you send me an email with browser/os you are trying on and if you are getting a particular error message?
Elow

Post by Elow »

I made a new account and that seems to have solved the problem, sucks though because i lost all my good feedback. I was using the app on ios
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Are you having the issue with the new user or this one? New uses do have the issue. If you send me the name of the new user I think I can merge your accounts. There’s no reason why your current account wouldn’t be able to contact members.

New members do need to make two posts before they can contact other accounts.
Elow

Post by Elow »

I had a problem with ebay not trombonechat
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

All I can think of is maybe Elow wasn't logged in when it rejected his offer.

Elow, can you log into your old Ebay account at all? If not, maybe you should contact their Customer Service.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Oh lmao, that's what I get for trying to read on my phone while chasing a toddler. Comprehension -100

I occasionally have issues with eBay but usually they resolve themselves by waiting. I think they've been having server issues or too much activity for their current level of compute
Elow

Post by Elow »

I’ll try contacting them tomorrow, just curious if this was a common problem
spencercarran

Post by spencercarran »

I had an ebay profile that I had to close some years ago. They somehow mistakenly enrolled me in some sort of subscription membership thing and refused to let me cancel it, so I removed all payment information and nuked the account.

I would just not get overly invested in any relationship with that particular marketplace. I've bought some things through there before and since the previous account mishap, but I won't be upset if I lose access again.
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

Yeah, it is common. Either they goof something on their side, or they are trying to get you to check some box for a change in their terms on your old account. Sometimes when they update that, you just need to find the right pop-up or settings page where there is an 'accept' check box. You are functionally locked out until those go away.

eBay used to be a decent place, but it is too easily gamed to be a serious marketplace for me much anymore. But when there is something neat there...

Cheers,
Andy

Return to “Tangents”