FS: Reynolds Contempora 35 w F-attachment

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Posaunus

FS: Reynolds Contempora 35 w F-attachment

Post by Posaunus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:43 pm

For Sale:
A wonderfully restored Reynolds Contempora Model 35 -
Medium-bore tenor trombone w/ closed wrap F-attachment,
0.520" bore, single rotor, 8.5" Bronz-o-lyte bell;
nickel-silver tone ring (Kranz), bracing & trim;
brass gooseneck & tuning slide crooks.
S/N 549**. Manufactured 1958; restored by Mike Corrigan (BAC Horn Doctor) in 2014.
Slide tweaked subsequently by slide magician Bruce Belo, now smooth as glass.

I love this trombone – it functions smoothly and has a nice jazz / big band sound.
I am only considering parting with it because:
1. I recently acquired a Conn 79H (0.522" bore) which I have fallen for big time.
....I probably don't need two medium-bore F-attachment trombones.
2. My wife has laid down the law: No more trombones!

I am (reluctantly) willing to sell this trombone for $1,150 + USPS shipping from California.
Includes the original coffin-style wooden Reynolds case and a Reynolds mouthpiece.
Lots of additional photos. Also (for extra price) additional Reynolds mouthpieces.

Let me know if you're interested.
Attachments
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1652-LR.jpg
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1652-LR.jpg (285.45 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1657-L.jpg
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1657-L.jpg (352.7 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1647-L.jpg
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1647-L.jpg (355.66 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Posaunus

Re: FS: Reynolds Contempora 35 w F-attachment

Post by Posaunus » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:37 am

Perhaps I underestimated the potential interest in this wonderful classic Contempora trombone, made in Cleveland in 1958. It is in near-mint condition, and plays like a dream. A great medium-bore alternative to a Bach 36B, but with a jazzier, more commercial sound – and eye-catching looks.

In order to sell it (and keep the wife happy), I'll reduce the price to $1,075 + shipping, and throw in two Reynolds mouthpieces that perfectly fit the slightly oversize receiver.

If you're interested, please contact me. You won't regret owning this wonderful piece of history.
Attachments
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1663-L.jpg
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1663-L.jpg (285.14 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1658-L.jpg
Reynolds Contempora 35 IMG_1658-L.jpg (299.63 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Reynolds 8D IMG_1666-L.jpg
Reynolds 8D IMG_1666-L.jpg (241.09 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 pm

PRICE REDUCTION for this wonderful classic Reynolds Contempora trombone: Now $1,025

In excellent condition, ready to play now! :good:
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 pm

Just a reminder - you may want to consider this wonderful classic trombone from 1958, in fantastic restored condition.

If you appreciate vintage trombones, you may love this one. Check out the description and photos.
disco

Post by disco » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:52 am

I recently played this horn. It's in great shape, and although he refers to it as vintage, it's not a show pony or oddity horn that some vintage horns are. It plays really well, blows quite openly and has a really nice sound. Good for a lead in a Wind Ensemble, or Symphony set up. It would also be a great combo horn for casuals. Plus it's cheaper than the slide costs to convert your big horn into a medium bore. If you're thinking about it, you should give it a try.
Conn 6H Elkhart
Conn 100H
Conn 74H
Conn 88HCL
Conn 8HCL Detachable Bell Boneyard Conversion
Conn 8HT Boneyard Axial Conversion
King 2B+ X2
1939 King 2B
Yamaha 882 OR
Conn 60H with Detachable Bell Boneyard Dependent Conversion
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:14 am

disco wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:52 am
I recently played this horn. It's in great shape, and although he refers to it as vintage, it's not a show pony or oddity horn that some vintage horns are. It plays really well, blows quite openly and has a really nice sound. Good for a lead in a Wind Ensemble, or Symphony set up. It would also be a great combo horn for casuals. Plus it's cheaper than the slide costs to convert your big horn into a medium bore. If you're thinking about it, you should give it a try.
Thanks Disco. Your review is spot on. It really is a nice trombone.

It's a shame that so few trombonists know about the Reynolds Cleveland glory days. (I didn't before I acquired this one. :idk: ) Very innovative, excellent manufacturing quality.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Beautiful instrument.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:36 pm

I know that, during this pandemic, times are tough. :(

But I can assure you that if you give this trombone a try, you'll fall in love with it. It's a classic from the Reynolds trombone glory days, that still plays beautifully, with a contemporary sound.

Special pandemic price reduction for April: $975 OBO. :good:

Ready to ship to you for your playing pleasure! [Plenty of time to practice before yoy dazzle your friends at your next rehearsal!]
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm

The Reynolds Contempora has found a new home!

Thanks, Steve. :hi:

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”