2019-06-02 - Sunday AM Maintenance

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
Matt K
Verified

2019-06-02 - Sunday AM Maintenance

Post by Matt K »

Hey all,

I'm going to bring the server down tomorrow for a few maintenance tasks/upgrades. I'll leave it up until I start which will be basically when I finish breakfast. Probably around 9EST.

Thanks for your understanding!
-Matt
Matt K
Verified

Re: 2019-06-02 - Sunday AM Maintenance

Post by Matt K »

Slept in a little, doing my morning routine now and then I'll take offline. Thanks all!
-Matt
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

The update is completed. phpBB is now updated to the most recent version as well as all themes and extensions. Unfortunately, the 'black' theme was not updated so we've dropped it.

You might notice that your theme is 'latte' at the moment even though you had another theme enabled before. Due to the way phpBB updates, I have to force everyone to prosilver while I update and then force everyone back. You should be able to switch to the hexagon, flat, or prosilver themes from your user control panel. Let me know if you have any issues switching themes.

Additionally, I've fixed the media tag. Now, when you post a url to a site that will embed in the forum, you can post the link itself to leave it as a link, e.g.

www.youtube.com

or you can wrap it in [media] tags and it will actually embed the content. Not all sites are supported but big ones like youtube, imgur, etc. are.

Please post any issues you might have here after the update and we'll see what we can do about them.

-Matt
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Did you remove the option to change skins? I want to go back to Prosilver but I can't find it in my profile.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

BGuttman wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:34 pm Did you remove the option to change skins? I want to go back to Prosilver but I can't find it in my profile.
Evidently I did. Working on that now.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Fixed!
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Thanks, Matt. Looks OK now.

Also, which "America" is Eastern US time zone? It seems to have chosen Arguilla, but I have no idea where that is.
Bruce Guttman
"Almost Professional"
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

BGuttman wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:16 pm Thanks, Matt. Looks OK now.

Also, which "America" is Eastern US time zone? It seems to have chosen Arguilla, but I have no idea where that is.
What they do is break it down by timezone and then let you choose the location independently. So for EST, you'd do GMT-4 and then from there choose the closest location which would probably be America/New York for you. I see that as an option on my user control panel so let me know if it doesn't show up for you.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

I found New York this time and chose it. Last time I found a whole host of America locations including the Dakotas and a bunch of locations in the Caribbean and Mexico.
Bruce Guttman
"Almost Professional"

Return to “News & Announcements”