Rafael Méndez Virtual Brass Institute - July 12-18, 2020

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
lucasmark01

Rafael Méndez Virtual Brass Institute - July 12-18, 2020

Post by lucasmark01 »

Rafael Méndez Brass Institute is moving to a digital format this year!
Featuring the Summit Brass as faculty
Ages Allowed: High School and up
July 12-18, 2020
Low Brass Faculty:
Trombone - Scott Hartman, Carl Lenthe, Brad Edwards, John Lofton
Euphonium - Brian Bowman, Demondrae Thurman
Tuba - Warren Deck, Tim Northcut, Dan Perantoni, Kathy Brantigan

Once registered you have access to the content for 30 days after the seminar. So you can watch and rewatch everything!
All Access Pass: $350

More info at mendezbrassinstitute.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lucasmark01 on Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikebmiller

Re: Digital Summer Brass Seminar - RMBI 2020

Post by Mikebmiller »

Looks like digital seminars are all the rage this summer. STS just announced that they are doing that event as streaming only and the Brass Junkies guys just announced a 4 day seminar with some real heavy hitters.

While I am sure these would be fun to watch, given that you can already access thousands of hours of various master classes and performances on YouTube, I am unlikely to pay money to watch other brass players on my computer.
lucasmark01

Re: Digital Summer Brass Seminar - RMBI 2020

Post by lucasmark01 »

Mikebmiller wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:09 pm Looks like digital seminars are all the rage this summer. STS just announced that they are doing that event as streaming only and the Brass Junkies guys just announced a 4 day seminar with some real heavy hitters.

While I am sure these would be fun to watch, given that you can already access thousands of hours of various master classes and performances on YouTube, I am unlikely to pay money to watch other brass players on my computer.
Well, with COVID-19 these seminars kind of have to go to digital or face not having one at all.

While YouTube university is great, and I use it often, you can't be interactive with previously recorded videos and the host is usually talking in a general sense and not to you. RMBI is focusing on the community aspect where you can ask questions and interact with the faculty and other participants to build connections.

I wouldn't put watching YouTube videos on the same level as attending RMBI, STS, or Brass Junkies Academy in a virtual format.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Return to “News & Announcements”