Singin' in the Rain

Dennis

Singin' in the Rain

Post by Dennis »

Has anyone played in the pit for Singin' in the Rain?

What are the mute requirements?
Kbiggs

Re: Singin' in the Rain

Post by Kbiggs »

It’s been a few years, but I don’t remember anything unusual. Probably just straight, cup, maybe plunger.
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

And umbrella. I remember that being one of the harder shows I have ever played. Lots of high register stuff. And I don't know if they have fixed the book, but the one I played from was horrible. Like 4th generation copies horrible.

But the tunes were a lot of fun.
TheBoneRanger

Post by TheBoneRanger »

I played the trombone 2 book (tenor/bass double) a few years back. Just checked through my notes. Straight and cup for both horns.

Andrew
musicman46001

Post by musicman46001 »

Beef and Boards Dinner Theater in Indianapolis, Indiana USA had a production of this a couple of years ago. The "pit orchestra", actually in a box high over stage right, consisted of a keyboard player/conductor, woodwind player, rhythm percussion, and one lone brass player. It was an interesting combo to listen to as the keyboard had to fill in many parts on synth, or piano.
A nice show, but why would you name a show after a 3-minute song in the second act? The only time the song was played was then, and for curtain calls!
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

I had to sightread a performance last year as an emergency sub with about an hour notice. I remember a whole page of high stuff in tenor clef that's not marked very well and came as a surprise. That wouldn't ordinarily be a problem but I just didn't see the clef change immediately.

I think it was Straight-Cup-Plunger, maybe Harmon and maybe Solotone.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."

Return to “Performance”