Handel - Bourree & Minuet FOUND

CalgaryTbone

Handel - Bourree & Minuet FOUND

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Hi All -

I am playing some outdoor concerts this month for Seniors here in Calgary with a brass quartet. One thing that we're playing is the Robert King version of the Handel listed in the topic line above.

My colleague that owns this arrangement has lost the Baritone part, which is the proper 4th part in the arrangement. I am trying to make do by playing off the score, but between the small font and page turns outside, this isn't going to work. Does anyone have a part that they could send me a copy of? If so, send me a PM, and I'll send my email (it may be in my profile as well).

Thanks!

Jim Scott
Calgary Philharmonic
BGuttman

Re: Handel - Bourree & Minuet

Post by BGuttman »

Don't know if it's still the case, but back before Robert King was bought off by Leduc you could get any part for $0.50. I know I got some quintet parts that were missing 2nd trumpet parts (long sad story) that way.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

It would take 2 weeks minimum to get a part here by mail - the gigs would be over by then.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Wish I could help. I don't have any King quartet music.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Thanks anyway! Anyone out there have it?
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Got it! Moderators please delete this thread.

Thanks!

Jim Scott
dukesboneman

Re: Handel - Bourree & Minuet FOUND

Post by dukesboneman »

If you have the score, Why not just write the part out?
CalgaryTbone

Re: Handel - Bourree & Minuet FOUND

Post by CalgaryTbone »

This is already found so a moot point now.

Copying by hand would mean finding some manuscript paper (either in a drawer somewhere, or having to go to a music store in the age of Covid). Then a couple of hours of copying work vs. a short period of time to scan and send a pdf. I've helped others in this way in the past, and was very pleased that multiple friends and acquaintances from the past stepped up and did the same for me. I usually try to avoid using copies - I like to support the publishers of trombone music. I think we're going to see copies sent over the internet more for now to avoid face to face contact to distribute parts, and multiple people handling them. I know that with the orchestra, where we're just slowly starting back, we have to make an appointment to go pick up music, and we have to keep our own parts until the performance is done to avoid multiple people handling them.

Then there are the Postal issues for ordering music - I'm waiting for some items from Hickeys that I spent a large extra fee for priority mail shipping - 2 weeks and counting at this point, and after the package bounced around the US, it's now taking the scenic route across Canada. There was a 2 week estimate for this item to even arrive in stock at Hickeys according to their site - it would have been at least a month and $50 shipping to get it here "quickly", which would have been 3 weeks after the gig. The seemed like the best idea to me.

Jim Scott

Return to “Performance”