Trombone Chat Group Video Take 2

Mikebmiller

Re: Trombone Chat Group Video Take 2

Post by Mikebmiller »

Yeah my software sometimes gives me crappy looking wave forms that are hard to line up.

I’ll see if I can tweak it a bit tomorrow.
MrHCinDE

Post by MrHCinDE »

Mike, thanks for putting it all together, your hard work is much appreciated.

I have a couple of points which you may look at:

Audio - the 2a part (not sure if me, you or both) seems significnatly out of sync, not just playing slightly late, maybe one or two beats. If you have the time and inclination, I suggest to just play those couple of seconds with only the 1a and 2a parts unmuted and align. In my case, I think the video and audio are approximately together but both early. This should be quite easily fixable without having to make loads of edits, it is only a shift of 8 bars of this section only.

Video - after the transition to move frames etc. at around 20s, the 2a audio seems to be back in sync with the rest but my video is then quite late, just above 1 bar I think at this tempo, and stays this far out for the rest of the video. Again, this should be quite easily fixable, I appreciate it's not easy to line up the waveforms and wouldn't have noticed a small deviation but this really jumps out in places!

Perhaps the segment from 15s-20s is on a different track to that from 20s onwards which could explain why one bit is early, the other late?

If you don't have the time or motivation, no problem, these are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, if anything the audio shift at around 15s is more important.
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

Thanks I will check it.
bwanamfupi

Post by bwanamfupi »

Mike, this all looks pretty good. I take your point about slides making the misalignment between video and audio more tricky. I think Bass 3A video is about a beat behind the audio. Maybe the same glitch Glen saw with his part? Could be a case of “better is the enemy of good enough,” where fixing takes more time than it’s worth.

Also, obligatory comment from a Purdue grad who never learned to care about the Purdue / IU rivalry. Cool flag in the background, Ryan!
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

Thanks for suggestions guys. Yeah, sometimes perfect is the enemy of good. I could work on this for another week and not get it perfect. Even if the sync is off in a few spots, I think it sounds great. Listen on some good speakers instead of you phone to get the best results.

Dan - I was able to use your video. I dropped you right in on top of Santa. Hope it didn't hurt the old guy.

Here is the mp4 file. You can download it and share on your personal pages or whatever.

Here is the YouTube link. If I could get a couple of you guys to subscribe to my channel, I could push it over 20 and start getting rich. Please share to everyone and let's go viral. This thing took a lot of work.

I'm the guy in the green ugly Christmas T-Shirt. I am playing 2b in the video. I overdubbed a couple of other parts just for fun.

This has been a lot of fun. Maybe after the 1st of the year we can do another one. I am open to suggestions. Something jazzy would be nice. I might be able to get a drummer and piano player. And if somebody else want to do all the mixing, that's fine too.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Excellent job putting this together, Mike. Thank you!
DDoghouse

Post by DDoghouse »

Mikebmiller wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 am Dan - I was able to use your video. I dropped you right in on top of Santa. Hope it didn't hurt the old guy.
Thanks Mike! Don't worry about Santa, he can be any more pissed at me than he already is.
Doghouse Dan
I'm warning you - I have a trombone and I'm not afraid to use it!
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

DDoghouse wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:11 pm
Mikebmiller wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 am Dan - I was able to use your video. I dropped you right in on top of Santa. Hope it didn't hurt the old guy.
Thanks Mike! Don't worry about Santa, he can be any more pissed at me than he already is.
That's the funniest thing I have heard all day!
andym

Post by andym »

Nice job folks! I enjoyed being the audience.
The user formerly known as amichael on TTF.
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

A very merry endeavor!

If I had known hats were allowed I might have joined.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie

Return to “Performance”