Leopold Mozart Serenade

Tbone00

Leopold Mozart Serenade

Post by Tbone00 »

Does anyone knows where to find the original scores of the Leopold Mozart Serenade? This Serenade contains mini concerto movements for trombone (and other instruments) that were extracted to create his famous concerto.
LeTromboniste

Re: Leopold Mozart Serenade

Post by LeTromboniste »

If I recall correctly the original material is in a monastery in Seitenstetten, Austria. May or may not have success in ordering a scan by contacting them directly.
bibliothek[at] stift-seitenstetten.at
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

You can get them to give you a scanned copy, but you must sign a document that says you will not use it to create an edition of your own, even an urtext one. They have that under wraps. The editions we all know of -- the arrangers all paid the library a chunk of change for that right, and that is so they could make their own editions and copyright them.

I have been on a quest to get these works and publish them all in their entirety in one volume, both as the original manuscripts and clean urtext, and have only so far gotten a set of parts for the Wagenseil concerto. I think it's the "A" set. A tricky business, especially if you're not in Europe.

There should be a thread that I started, maybe from the old forum, listing the location of all the works we call alto trombone concertos today.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Tbone00

Post by Tbone00 »

harrisonreed wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:45 am You can get them to give you a scanned copy, but you must sign a document that says you will not use it to create an edition of your own, even an urtext one. They have that under wraps. The editions we all know of -- the arrangers all paid the library a chunk of change for that right, and that is so they could make their own editions and copyright them.

I have been on a quest to get these works and publish them all in their entirety in one volume, both as the original manuscripts and clean urtext, and have only so far gotten a set of parts for the Wagenseil concerto. I think it's the "A" set. A tricky business, especially if you're not in Europe.

There should be a thread that I started, maybe from the old forum, listing the location of all the works we call alto trombone concertos today.
It would be very usefull to find that thread with the list. Thanks for your help!

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”