Fantastic arrangements for Trombone Ensemble

fortwaynebonez

Fantastic arrangements for Trombone Ensemble

Post by fortwaynebonez »

I recently retired from a 30 year college teaching career during which I conducted a trombone ensemble. The group was comprised of university students, a few advanced high school students, and a few of my older students. I had the pleasure of working with them for 15 years and we played a huge number of pieces spanning from the 1300s to more current music (thanks to C. Bill) that high school students are listening to.

A former student of mine has turned into a truly fantastic arranger of all kinds of music for trombone ensemble. The ensembles range from 4 -12 parts. I'm trying to get him online and peddling his arrangements. He's done a ton of stuff in the public domain (Saint-Saens, Sibelius, Borodin, Holst, Hindemith, Schubert, dozens more), and some more current things like a stunningly beautiful 4 movement suite of music from GOT. I have proudly programmed more than 25 of his arrangements over the years, and they've always been beautifully crafted and everything you want from pieces like these.

I will post a few links in an upcoming post to give you a taste of his work.

The public domain pieces are for sale. The other pieces are not, until such time as permission is granted from the publishers. (This takes time...)

Let me know if you have an interest in checking out his arrangements. They really are beautifully done!
hyperbolica

Re: Fantastic arrangements for Trombone Ensemble

Post by hyperbolica »

I'm in a tbone quartet, so any 4 part stuff would be interesting.

I also play with a college tbone choir that could use some help in expanding their range of repertoire into more modern stuff. They do 6-8 parts.

If you have a Recording or two, you canppost that might be nice.
SGlong

Re: Fantastic arrangements for Trombone Ensemble

Post by SGlong »

Greetings!

If you have any Jazz/Swing pieces from the 1930's on that you can sell, I'd be very interested. My Trombone Ensemble (usually) plays music for six Trombones plus rhythm section, but there are five to eight Trombones that show up every week.

Thank you,

Steven Long

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”