Looking for Frank Comstock Arrangements

Carter1016

Looking for Frank Comstock Arrangements

Post by Carter1016 »

Hi all,

I’ve been looking for the old Frank Comstock arrangements of Christmas tunes for some time now. I’ve tracked down a copy in a Western Australia library, but inter library loans aren’t happening right now. I was wondering if anyone had, or knew where I could get my hands on these charts? Here’s the WorldCat listing for the book

Thanks much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ithinknot

Re: Looking for Frank Comstock Arrangements

Post by ithinknot »

boneapart

Post by boneapart »

Yes, I can help you acquire Comstock's 10 out-of-print Christmas arrangements. They were published together under the title Christmas Cheer. You're welcome to contact me by private message or email.
boneapart

Post by boneapart »

In response to some inquiries about Frank Comstock's Christmas Cheer series and its availability, here's a little more information. Comstock was a well-known composer and arranger perhaps best known for the arrangements he wrote for Les Brown and for the Hi-Los. The Christmas Cheer arrangements are more or less in a traditional vein.

Christmas Cheer is a series of 10 Christmas pieces, five religious and five secular. They are written for five low-brass horns designated Trombones 1 through Trombone 5 (or Tuba). Trombone 1 alternative parts for Flugelhorn or French Horn appear in the score.

Additional optional parts are written for Bells (Piano, Celeste), Bass, and Percussion.

Comstock also wrote a parallel version of these arrangements for AATTB saxophones.

Further inquiries welcome.
Jnoxon

Post by Jnoxon »

Send me a pm! I have Comstock, Pederson, and many by Jeff Reynolds.
J
Williams 4,6, 8, 9, and 10
.490, .500, .520, .520, .565 bore sizes.
RodneyMartell

Post by RodneyMartell »

boneapart wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 pm Yes, I can help you acquire Comstock's 10 out-of-print Christmas arrangements. They were published together under the title Christmas Cheer. You're welcome to contact me by private message or email.
Hi, I'm looking for these and just registered so I can't send a message. Trying to be proactive and not try to locate in December... Trying to find a piece for the low brass feature for our annual Holiday Brass program with 4 tubas and a tuba.
Thanks,
Rodney
boneapart

Post by boneapart »

Rodney -
Sent you an email about the availability of these Frank Comstock Christmas pieces.
Glennlewis

Post by Glennlewis »

I would also be I interested in obtaining a
Legit set of parts for these.

Glenn
boneapart

Post by boneapart »

Glenn -

These have been out of print for many years and there aee no plans to bring them back. If you're interested in acquiring a second-hand copy, I'd be happy to detail exactly what I have.

- Doug "Boneapart"
Odasamene

Post by Odasamene »

boneapart wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 pm Yes, I can help you acquire Comstock's 10 out-of-print Christmas arrangements. They were published together under the title Christmas Cheer. You're welcome to contact me by private message or email.
Hi, I am also new here so I can not DM yet, would it be possible to get hold of the out-of-print arrangements mentioned?

All the best!
GoofyRalph

Post by GoofyRalph »

Greetings...new poster.

I too would like to get a copy. I'm trying through my library to get the USM, but a previous poster said it was missing.

Ralph
BassboneJ25

Post by BassboneJ25 »

Hey! Is there any updates on where to get a copy of the quintet arrangements?

Thanks,

Ben
MaxPirone

Post by MaxPirone »

Hi I have but not the full parts I need it someone can send me?thanks
Massimo Pirone from Roma Italy
[email protected]

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”