Tommy Pederson - 10 pieces for Two Bass Trombones

Ztubadude

Tommy Pederson - 10 pieces for Two Bass Trombones

Post by Ztubadude »

Does anyone know where I can buy Tommy Peterson’s “10 Pieces for Two Bass Trombones”?
(Not to be confused with “10 Duets for Bass Trombones”…)

I have had no luck with internet searches.

Larry Zaidan
[email protected]
Crazy4Tbone86

Re: Tommy Pederson - 10 pieces for Two Bass Trombones

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

They are available as a PDF on SCRIBD:

Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
Elow

Post by Elow »

Is scribd legal?
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

To be honest with you, I don’t know. I always try to avoid buying music in “PDF” form because I never read music from my computer or an iPad type device. Additionally, whenever I print music from a PDF, the paper never holds up because it (the standard copy paper I use) is much thinner than the paper that publishers use.

I’m just trying to help the original poster. It would be a good idea for that person to determine if the source is safe and/or legal. Some of Tommy Pederson’s music is difficult to find these days. I would hope that the sites that offer his music are legal. If someone finds out otherwise, this would be the forum to share that information.
King2bPlus

Post by King2bPlus »

T.Pederson 10 pieces for two Bass Trombones.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Jackson
King 2b+, King 3b
Elliott LT 104N, C, C2
Elliott LT 104N, C+, D2
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

Everything on Scribd should be authorized and legal.

It's not free, it's like a streaming service, you pay a monthly fee and they send microscopic portions of that fee to the content owner.

Scribd terms
Scribd provides You with access to eBooks, audiobooks, articles, and other content from participating publishers (“Subscription Content”) by means of a Subscription (“Subscription”),

Crazy4Tbone86 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:53 am Additionally, whenever I print music from a PDF, the paper never holds up because it (the standard copy paper I use) is much thinner than the paper that publishers use.
heavy printer paper

In addition, most printer drivers will let you "tile" the printout to make a larger-than-8.5x11 page.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
Ztubadude

Post by Ztubadude »

King2bPlus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:54 am T.Pederson 10 pieces for two Bass Trombones.pdf
Thanks a million! I wish I could have bought a copy, but that doesn’t seem to be possible.
afugate

Post by afugate »

Crazy4Tbone86 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:53 am Additionally, whenever I print music from a PDF, the paper never holds up because it (the standard copy paper I use) is much thinner than the paper that publishers use.
I keep 28lb and 32lb paper around the house just for this reason. 28lb is for stuff I have on PDF. If I've written a tune, I print it on 32lb paper. (I've been tempted to go to a print shop and have it done on 10x13, but I'm saving that for when I write something worthy! lol)

--Andy in OKC.
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

afugate wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:16 pm
I keep 28lb and 32lb paper around the house just for this reason. 28lb is for stuff I have on PDF. If I've written a tune, I print it on 32lb paper. (I've been tempted to go to a print shop and have it done on 10x13, but I'm saving that for when I write something worthy! lol)

--Andy in OKC.
Andy....I avoided using the heavier paper on my previous printers because it would get stuck. I'm pretty sure it was 32lb paper. I just got a new HP printer a few weeks ago. Maybe I should think positively and give the 32lb paper a try in the new printer.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

I've been using 24 lb. and 28 lb. paper for years. I found the 20 lb. stuff most copiers use tends to jam (maybe it's my humid basement). I've used the heavier paper with my HP Deskjets (last one was a 692) and Brother printers.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
afugate

Post by afugate »

Crazy4Tbone86 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:19 pm
afugate wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:16 pm

--Andy in OKC.
Andy....I avoided using the heavier paper on my previous printers because it would get stuck. I'm pretty sure it was 32lb paper. I just got a new HP printer a few weeks ago. Maybe I should think positively and give the 32lb paper a try in the new printer.
Even 24lb paper should be heavy enough to keep the paper from curling away. Also better for duplex printing. :good:

I will note that like Bruce, I have a couple of Brother printers and no issues. (I'm not casting any aspersions on HP printers.) As they say, your mileage may vary! Good luck with this.
--Andy in OKC
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Maybe we should start a new thread on "printing music" at home?

I must admit that I dread going to an office supply store to buy paper other than 20lb.......very expensive. I feel like they are making about 200% profit from my need to buy something slightly unusual.
afugate

Post by afugate »

Crazy4Tbone86 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:39 am Maybe we should start a new thread on "printing music" at home?

I must admit that I dread going to an office supply store to buy paper other than 20lb.......very expensive. I feel like they are making about 200% profit from my need to buy something slightly unusual.
True.

FWIW, this is the 28lb paper I use. It's readily available at my local Sams Club. Costs about 2 cents per page.
https://www.samsclub.com/p/southworth-c ... od23950682

This is the 32lb paper I use. It's about 2.5 cents per page.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Papers-Pr ... y/15074472

I have good luck printing with both. Yes, they are more expensive than 20lb copy paper. But these are *much* better.

--Andy in OKC

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”