Looking for recording of Strauss/Kagarice Solemn Entry

patrickosmith

Looking for recording of Strauss/Kagarice Solemn Entry

Post by patrickosmith »

I'm looking for a recording or YouTube link of Strauss Feierlicher Einzug [Solemn Entry] arr by Vern Kagarice:
https://www.hickeys.com/search/products/sku076506.php

There are a lot of arrangements of this piece. I'd like to hear this arrangement before committing to it for my concert opener.
  • Richard Strauss, Feierlicher Einzug [Solemn Entry] arr. Vern Kagarice
    Giovanni Gabrieli, Canzona in Echo Duodecimi Toni
    Paul Dukas, Fanfare pour précéder La Péri
    Enrique Crespo, Bruckner Etüde für das tiefe Blech
    Zequinha Abreu, Tico Tico arr. John Iveson
Intermission 15 Minutes
  • William Byrd, The Earle of Oxford's Marche
    Tielman Susato, Susato Suite arr. John Iveson
    Sigfrid Karg-Elert, Praise the Lord with drums and cymbals
    Chris Hazel, KRAKEN
    Richard Wagner, Gathering of the Armies arr. Brian Buerkle
ScottKinmont

Re: Looking for recording of Strauss/Kagarice Solemn Entry

Post by ScottKinmont »

Hi, Just wondering if you ended up using the Kagarice arrangement of the Strauss - I'm in the same boat now! Just wondered how much the arrangement features the organ - I quite like that recording with Empire brass which features the organ quite a lot, just wondering if this is a larger scale version of the same and if you think it is an effective version of the piece. Thanks in advance and hope the concert went well!
patrickosmith

Re: Looking for recording of Strauss/Kagarice Solemn Entry

Post by patrickosmith »

ScottKinmont wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 pm Hi, Just wondering if you ended up using the Kagarice arrangement of the Strauss - I'm in the same boat now! Just wondered how much the arrangement features the organ - I quite like that recording with Empire brass which features the organ quite a lot, just wondering if this is a larger scale version of the same and if you think it is an effective version of the piece. Thanks in advance and hope the concert went well!
We deleted this piece from the program as it was considered a chop buster for the trumpets.

It's probably best performed with lots of doubling and extra players. I can share the organ score if you want to do your own analysis of the arrangement. Send me an email.

The concert went well. I'm in the process of editing the audio/video of the opener (Fanfare from La Peri). The post production mix is sooo much better than the Livestream.

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”