WTB: Bass Trombone

ttf_silverplussonic

Post by ttf_silverplussonic »

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a bass trombone. I'd like something with a double trigger, and less than $1000. It doesn't have to be pretty (if you could see the tuba I play you'd know it's not a problem), I don't prefer dep. or indep., I just want a nice piece that plays well.

Thank you,
Matt
ttf_BackBone

Post by ttf_BackBone »

They do pop up from time to time in that price range. Just be patient. Took me several months to find one.
ttf_BackBone

Post by ttf_BackBone »

Have you played a double valve bass before?
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: silverplussonic on Apr 13, 2017, 07:24AMHey all,

I'm looking to buy a bass trombone. I'd like something with a double trigger, and less than $1000. It doesn't have to be pretty (if you could see the tuba I play you'd know it's not a problem), I don't prefer dep. or indep., I just want a nice piece that plays well.

Thank you,
Matt

I know of someone selling a Conn 83H for $900. The horns were not in production long. From what I have heard, Larry Minnick was consulted on the design. If you would like more info, PM me.

-Steve Nieckarz
ttf_58mark

Post by ttf_58mark »

Mack brass for the win
ttf_silverplussonic

Post by ttf_silverplussonic »

Quote from: BackBone on Apr 13, 2017, 01:21PMHave you played a double valve bass before?

Yes, I have, I played it for jazz for a year. It's just time to buy my own, as I no longer have access to one.
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Keep an eye out on eBay. Every once in awhile, a used bass (usually dependent) will pop up for sale under $1000.

Also, check back here in the classified adds to see if one has been listed. Maybe take a look on Craigslist too.

Good luck finding one!

Zach
ttf_BackBone

Post by ttf_BackBone »

Quote from: silverplussonic on Apr 14, 2017, 07:02AMYes, I have, I played it for jazz for a year. It's just time to buy my own, as I no longer have access to one.

Ok. I was going to suggest starting on a single valve. All the above suggestions are solid.

Return to “Classified Advertisements”