FT: Lacquered Horn for Silver-plated Horn

ttf_Tbonedude

FT: Lacquered Horn for Silver-plated Horn

Post by ttf_Tbonedude »

I was lent a King 2104SP (straight silver 4B) to play in college marching band. I like it so much, I want to trade my King 5B for a horn similar to the one I march. Don't get me wrong, I love my 5B, but the 4B's got me hooked. If I had the money I'd buy the horn I'm seeking and keep my 5B, but as a poor college student, I can't really do that.

Silver plating is a must, and it has to be in good shape. It needn't be polished prior to trading. Slide should be at least an 8/10. Age doesn't matter, though my preference leans to the UMI era.

The aforementioned 5B is in OK condition. Little dings here and there, mostly on the bell, nothing serious. About 50% lacquer left. Nickel slide about 8/10, inner stocking have spots of plating loss, but doesn't affect playability. All-metal string rotary linkage, a little noisy (can be silenced with some tuning slide grease). Serial number dates it to around 1977 (613xxx). Tuning slides work smoothly. It's more of a player than a looker, fits well into a symphonic setting and also makes a decent small bass. A worn but sturdy coffin-style case is included.

CONUS shipping or local pickup in Toledo, Ohio.
Pictures provided upon request. Contact me at michaelborjas2017(at)gmail(dot)com, or send me a PM.

Return to “Classified Advertisements”