FS: Shires 508 1YM

ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Same deal as the Duo Gravis. I'm selling some stuff to open up my budget for another crazy project of mine.  If it doesn't sell by Thanksgiving, I'm hanging onto it  Image The specs for this horn are:
  • [li]Bell: 1YM[/li][li]Tuning Slide: Yellow Brass (standard size, before they had different numbers)[/li][li]Slide: 508LW[/li][li]Leadpipe: 08 2N[/li]
Cosmetically it isn't a looker but it plays very well.  It has a saturn water key installed on it. The neckpipe is unlacquered, but currently has a layer of fingernail polish over it which I could remove. The tuning slide recently was silver plated. I was planning on having the bell and neckpipe silver plated as well but other things were more pressing.  The inside of the bell is still lacquered otherwise it is raw brass as well.

Will post pictures tonight.

Asking $1600 shipped CONUS.
ttf_Exzaclee

Post by ttf_Exzaclee »

is that a nickel or brass slide?
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Brass with nickel crook
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Correction: Leadpipe is 2.5N not 2N.

I had two trumpet "octave keys" installed on the upper slide brace to help with holding the instrument.  I can easily have them removed at no additional cost. Also pictured is a Neotech brace over the cork barrel.  The cork barrel is unlacquered; I'm not going to disguise that fact but taking this thing off and then reapplying it isn't fun so I chose to not do it for the moment. I'll throw in the neotech brace for free if you buy this horn.

Pictures of the horn:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B21VppW4hdQeMWJqUWw2SEZ4Sjg?usp=sharing

Here are some pictures of the "octave keys":
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B21VppW4hdQeV3NJVnFjYnVGOW8?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any questions. I've asked if I could part it out by a few people. Its possible at the right price but I'd prefer to sell as a whole unit.

-Matt
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Sale pending!

Return to “Classified Advertisements”