FS in UK - King 3B+ also known as King 2103PL

ttf_Geordie

Post by ttf_Geordie »

Ideal for Brass Band or Big Band.  I’ve used it in both settings as well as in soul/blues band where it was fine too over the four years I’ve had it.  Dates from around 1983/84 according to the serial number on the bell 941 ***. 

Great sounding instrument (525mm bore), slide serviced and small ding removed professionally in last eight months – plays well.  Reason for sale – I’ve bought the same instrument but with a trigger section, otherwise I would not be selling.

Pictures tell the story – some minor spot blemishes on bell section, an almost invisible tiny ding near the brace.  Some wear on contact points. Overall in good condition for the age.  There are some pictures here - first time I've done this so please let me know if the link does not work Image and I'll email them to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v0gobf1j76ndel/AAAxDomGL6WQw54MTG7ldGGOa?dl=0

Inspections/try out in my place in Manchester welcome.

Yours for £1100, including hard King case - far less than a similar horn currently on e-bay.  Buyer pays shipping. Prefer to ship UK only.

ttf_Trombone Sam

Post by ttf_Trombone Sam »

Is that a gold brass bell??
ttf_Geordie

Post by ttf_Geordie »

I’m not great on the terminology and don’t want to mislead you. Bell is a brass/bronze/copper color  I’d say.  Slide and tuning slide are a light gold color.   Check out the photos for details. I can send some pics if you’d prefer.
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Gold brass...
ttf_quiethorn

Post by ttf_quiethorn »

Quote from: Geordie on Jan 03, 2018, 09:40AM 

Great sounding instrument (525mm bore), slide serviced and small ding removed professionally in last eight months – plays well.  Reason for sale – I’ve bought the same instrument but with a trigger section, otherwise I would not be selling.

Those 525mm horns blow too open for me  Image
ttf_Geordie

Post by ttf_Geordie »

Well, having had a surge of indifference to this fantastic horn I’m open to offers close to the asking price.  Then  I’m heading over to eBay or my local dealer if we have not found a happy home for the horn.  Link to photos in my first post in this thread is still active.

Return to “Classified Advertisements”