You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
Nugget

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Nugget »

Why am I only recently getting this error message?
Matt K
Verified

Re: You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Matt K »

We’ve made some changes recently to avoid issues with scammers than had been plaguing the site. You don’t seem to have any posts, we’re you accessing the site anonymously before? (No login).

If you send me a link to what is giving that message I can investiagte
Nugget

Re: You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Nugget »

Hi,

Yes, I was logged in but haven't posted on this forum, perhaps that explains it. Can the flag be changed?

Thanks!
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

I'm still getting the error message, for example: <https://trombonechat.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27298>, first post.

Can you fix it for my account?

Thanks.
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Is it possible you are actually not logged in when you see this message? I get that same message all the time, and logging in always fixes the problem. I have to log in every time I visit this site; it does not ever keep me logged in. Just wondering if perhaps you're logged out without realizing it.
Brad Close Brass Instruments - brassmedic.com
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your response. I thought I was logged in but maybe not? I just tried again and the images are working correctly, so Thanks, case closed!

Nugget
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

brassmedic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:24 pm Is it possible you are actually not logged in when you see this message? I get that same message all the time, and logging in always fixes the problem. I have to log in every time I visit this site; it does not ever keep me logged in. Just wondering if perhaps you're logged out without realizing it.
Yes. This happens to me all the time now. Before it seems you could be logged in forever and therefore I could return to the trombone chat after several hours of inactivity and continue just were I was but now I first noticed I get that error on attachments in posts, even if the attachment has been uploaded by me? Maybe the page is in the cache but not the attachment because they have a setting that says they should be called for every time? When I saw this it made me think it had to be that I've lost the session somehow so I visited the Login page and it solved things. What was strange was I could still browse the site and update my posts but could not see that people had answered my post even if I refreshed the page which have been enough before. The answers to my post I noticed first today when I logged in again. That was a bit strange. My first guess was you have changed the timeout for inactivity so we can't stay logged in and be inactive like before, but since I could still update my post but not see answers I'm not sure? That is strange behaviour. Anyway, now I have to Login everytime I visit the site if I've been inactive for a while and I think that is reasonable.

/Tom
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Man these errors are hard to debug because I never experience any of these issues. I'm going to make a note of that and see if I can do some digging this weekend. Please, if anyone else is experiencing similar issues could you report it here as well?

Additionally, if you could include your OS (Windows/Mac/etc. is phone, whether it's mobile (e.g. iOS/Android) and if you are on a wifi connection or if you are on some kind of mobile (Edge, LTE,e tc.) while you are accessing the site? have a feeling I might have some idea about what is causing it but there is a weird constellation of issues.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Like Tom, everything is fine if I'm logged in. FYI, I'm using a desktop with Windows 7 connected to a router. As a reminder, I've been on this forum since Trombone Forum closed and everything worked perfectly without logging in until a few months ago.

Nugget
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Matt K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:47 am Man these errors are hard to debug because I never experience any of these issues. I'm going to make a note of that and see if I can do some digging this weekend. Please, if anyone else is experiencing similar issues could you report it here as well?

Additionally, if you could include your OS (Windows/Mac/etc. is phone, whether it's mobile (e.g. iOS/Android) and if you are on a wifi connection or if you are on some kind of mobile (Edge, LTE,e tc.) while you are accessing the site? have a feeling I might have some idea about what is causing it but there is a weird constellation of issues.
Really? You arent recently experiencing the issue that every time you exit the page, you are logged out and have to log in again whenever you visit the page? I certainly am.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Wow, Brad. That sure isn't happening to me, and I'm using two different laptops; one with Windoze and one with Linux Mint. What do you visit on?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

brassmedic wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:53 am
Matt K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:47 am Man these errors are hard to debug because I never experience any of these issues. I'm going to make a note of that and see if I can do some digging this weekend. Please, if anyone else is experiencing similar issues could you report it here as well?

Really? You arent recently experiencing the issue that every time you exit the page, you are logged out and have to log in again whenever you visit the page? I certainly am.
No, the only issues I ever experience are anticipated (such as starting a post in my phone on mobile and then turn the screen off, walk inside where I’m connected to Wi-Fi and then reopen the browser). Even then, usually I can post okay if it isn’t more than 30 minutes since I started the post. Im doing some investigation. I might force everyone to log back in today to reset their cookies. I did the site upgrade a few months ago and I suspect it may be related to old, cached cookies or similar.
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

That seems to have worked, so far. I am no longer logged out if I close the browser window and then return to the site. I'll see what happens over a longer period of time.
Ihcramed

Post by Ihcramed »

just the third post to see if that fixes the problem for me.
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Didn't fix it for me. Still have to log in every time I visit the site.
kfey

Post by kfey »

I'm also making another post to see if this fixes it. Logging out and logging back in hasn't helped. Just here to look at classifieds!
Aspenforest

Post by Aspenforest »

I'm also experiencing this issue, I've been apart of the board for quite some time now at this point but don't have many posts because I like to look at the classifieds and never feel like I have much to contribute in most threads.
TheStandardHero

Post by TheStandardHero »

Also commenting to see if this fixes the issue. Logging in and out doesn't fix it. I usually only lurk in the classifieds and to learn from more experienced players. I haven't been able see any images for a few months.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

TheStandardHero wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:56 am Also commenting to see if this fixes the issue. Logging in and out doesn't fix it. I usually only lurk in the classifieds and to learn from more experienced players. I haven't been able see any images for a few months.
Yep that’s the issue. You’ll need two more posts, approved by moderators, and you’ll be able to see everything
BrianR

Post by BrianR »

I've had two posts approved by moderators and can't see pictures. And it has been on every post with attachments. Laptop with Windows and also on my phone (android).
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

The new number is 3 (we had to up it by one due to some changes we made when we were having lots of spam), which you do now have. Let me know if you are still having the issue now and I can investiate.
BrianR

Post by BrianR »

Tha k you
kurmisala

Post by kurmisala »

Ah, so it's 3 posts and not 2 like it said when signing up. Hope this one counts and I can see the pics now.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”