Editing text, BBCode, "strikethrough", etc.

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
LarryPrestonRoberson

Editing text, BBCode, "strikethrough", etc.

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

Sorry if this has already been addressed. Obviously the BBcode for "strikethrough" isn't enabled. Any chance that it can/will be enabled? Any particular reasons why not?
Matt K
Verified

Re: Editing text, BBCode, "strikethrough", etc.

Post by Matt K »

"Anything" that HTML can do more or less can be done in the phpBB code but it isn't merely a matter of enabling it; we have to build the syntax for anything on top of what currently exists.

Eg. If we wanted it to be [st] we would define that and then come up with a rule to put whatever it is encompassed in withing <st> tags.

So for something thing like that, easy though if there are multiple ones, the time adds up. I'm planning on fixing up all the emoticons and some other formattimg this month now that we've (as far as I can tell) taken care of the bigger bugs. If there's anything else for string wise that people would find useful,post it (preferrably here) and I'll try to get it all taken care of at once.
LarryPrestonRoberson

Re: Editing text, BBCode, "strikethrough", etc.

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

Matt K wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:58 pm "Anything" that HTML can do more or less can be done in the phpBB code but it isn't merely a matter of enabling it; we have to build the syntax for anything on top of what currently exists.

Eg. If we wanted it to be [st] we would define that and then come up with a rule to put whatever it is encompassed in withing <st> tags.

So for something thing like that, easy though if there are multiple ones, the time adds up. I'm planning on fixing up all the emoticons and some other formattimg this month now that we've (as far as I can tell) taken care of the bigger bugs. If there's anything else for string wise that people would find useful,post it (preferrably here) and I'll try to get it all taken care of at once.
Thanks for the reply and information Matt. I'm rusty, but I follow. Certainly, continue addressing the bigger issues and upkeep. You guys do a fine job for the good of the community. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”