D/FW Trombones for Houston-Benefit Concert 11/15 with Streaming

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello everyone,
I've cross-posted this with a few of the big trombone Facebook pages, so forgive me if this is something you've seen before.

Several wonderful trombone friends and colleagues from elite positions across the orchestra industry, all with Dallas origins, have collaborated to create a very special event taking place in a couple weeks. We are playing a benefit concert, free and open to the public, at Plano West Senior HS at 7:30 PM this Wednesday, November 15th. We have partnered with The Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation, which has created an earmarked fund specifically to benefit Houston-area band programs that suffered capital losses from Hurricane Harvey.

For those of you close enough to attend the event, we look forward to seeing you there! For those that are not in workable proximity, we will be live streaming the concert, the info for which will be posted on our Facebook event page; and we hope that all may be able to contribute, even if just via spreading the word, to our Crowdrise page and give to those in such dire need right now. Please check out this page and the Facebook event page (D/FW Trombones for Houston) for more information, including who is on this star-studded, world-class performance roster! I'm hoping I can ask you, the trombonists of TTF, to help spread the word far and wide, and garner support throughout the globe.

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/team/dfw-trombones-for-houston

Thank you so much for your support and assistance, and helping us to heal deserving programs that need & deserve to be brought back to their feet.

Many thanks, and sincerely,

Derek W. Hawkes
Assistant Principal/2nd Trombone, Nashville Symphony
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

I passed this along to my t-bone friends in Fort Worth.
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

I passed this along to my t-bone friends in Fort Worth.

Return to “Notices from TTF Members”