Bot to help moderate

ttf_Matt K

Bot to help moderate

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I was just reading this thread and remembered a few others that have popped up in the last few months.  I understand the mods here do quite a bit of work to make things run smoothly and I'd like to help out if its something that the mods would like.

I could build a bot that will periodically check to see if the OP in the classifieds has marked a post for deletion. I can also check to see if a post is a certain age and, if older than say three weeks, send a message / email to the OP asking if they would like to have it removed.  If the mods would like to make it its own admin account, it could also then delete the ads from the system.  It could also check for duplicate posts and bump posts and that sort of thing.  I could host it on my own server and it would have an impact similar to that of a regular human user.

It would take a little time to build, but again, if its something the mods would like, I'd be happy to do it.
ttf_Matt K

Bot to help moderate

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I was just reading this thread and remembered a few others that have popped up in the last few months.  I understand the mods here do quite a bit of work to make things run smoothly and I'd like to help out if its something that the mods would like.

I could build a bot that will periodically check to see if the OP in the classifieds has marked a post for deletion. I can also check to see if a post is a certain age and, if older than say three weeks, send a message / email to the OP asking if they would like to have it removed.  If the mods would like to make it its own admin account, it could also then delete the ads from the system.  It could also check for duplicate posts and bump posts and that sort of thing.  I could host it on my own server and it would have an impact similar to that of a regular human user.

It would take a little time to build, but again, if its something the mods would like, I'd be happy to do it.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”