Problem with Chrome after Win 10 update

ttf_Piano man

Post by ttf_Piano man »

I went to use my computer from sleep mode this morning and it immediately restarted and began a lengthy and unbidden Win 10 update. Now TF loads spottily in Chrome. Specifically it loads only the top part of most Windows on first try, but I can eventually get a usable window eventually by paging back and trying again or reloading the page until it loads properly. Windows Edge (which I don't use, and which seemed to replace Explorer on Win 10) seems to load it properly.

Two questions:
1) Does this have anything to do with something happening at the TF, or is this a problem with the new v. of Win 10?
2) Has anyone else seen this problem, or have an idea as to what would cause it? My Chrome shows no available updates.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Try clearing your cache. It sounds like something got corrupted that isn't letting it load in Chrome properly.
ttf_Piano man

Post by ttf_Piano man »

Sorry for my ignorance. Is the cache in Win or Chrome, and how do I clear it?
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

It's in Chrome.  The three vertical dots open a menu that allows a number of options.  Under "More Tools" you will find "Clear Browsing Data".  That is the cache Matt is talking about.

Note that I got that same update and didn't have your problem and I use Chrome.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Yeah, sorry. Bruce is correct, the cache in Chrome.  Basically what happens is when the page is loaded in chrome, or any browser, it sporadically will get some information and save it to the hard drive. Things like the background images and whatnot. In laymens terms, the problem is if one of them gets saved while something goes to sleep or has an update that interrupts this process, something can get corrupted.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Yeah, sorry. Bruce is correct, the cache in Chrome.  Basically what happens is when the page is loaded in chrome, or any browser, it sporadically will get some information and save it to the hard drive. Things like the background images and whatnot. In laymens terms, the problem is if one of them gets saved while something goes to sleep or has an update that interrupts this process, something can get corrupted.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”