Name tags

ttf_anonymous

Name tags

Post by ttf_anonymous »

What is the purpose of the names (forte, pianissimo, etc.) which appear underneath forum user names?
ttf_anonymous

Name tags

Post by ttf_anonymous »

It indicates how much they contribute.
ttf_BGuttman

Name tags

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: Tbonepreacher on Feb 03, 2017, 11:04AMWhat is the purpose of the names (forte, pianissimo, etc.) which appear underneath forum user names?

It's based on post count.  I forget the exact numbers, but I remember that you get the "Percy Grainger" rating (To the Fore) for 5,000 posts.

You will see your dynamic level go up as you contribute.

Note that we have some very famous members with small post counts.
ttf_robcat2075

Name tags

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

It might be a better metric if it were based on the rate of posts, like posts per year, rather than absolute number of posts.

I imagine that cannot be done except by the forum owner.
ttf_BGuttman

Name tags

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

It's an option of SMF Forums.  You can assign a "prize" for a number of posts, and Richard set up the ranges.  Given that we have a large number of Percy's we probably should have set them higher, but that's (a) not fair and (b) confusing.
ttf_TriJim

Name tags

Post by ttf_TriJim »

Quote from: BGuttman on Feb 03, 2017, 11:41AM... the "Percy Grainger" rating (To the Fore) for 5,000 posts...
OK - I checked wiki and other online sources and don't get the 'Percy Grainger' reference.  Please enlighten me?  Image
ttf_BGuttman

Name tags

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: TriJim on Feb 03, 2017, 02:33PMOK - I checked wiki and other online sources and don't get the 'Percy Grainger' reference.  Please enlighten me?  Image

Percy Grainger used "Blue Eyed English" dynamic markings on his music instead of the Italian ones everybody usually uses.  His name for "fortissimo" was "To the Fore!"
ttf_BGuttman

Name tags

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: TriJim on Feb 03, 2017, 02:33PMOK - I checked wiki and other online sources and don't get the 'Percy Grainger' reference.  Please enlighten me?  Image

Percy Grainger used "Blue Eyed English" dynamic markings on his music instead of the Italian ones everybody usually uses.  His name for "fortissimo" was "To the Fore!"

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”