Thank you, moderators and frequent posters.

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I appreciate you volunteering your time and knowledge.    This site is a huge help to me, and I really am impressed by how people will take time to give advice to amateur, returning trombonists like me, as well as young students, etc.   moreover, the moderators seem to keep the trolls at bay.

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

i'll pile on this one...

we have some great mods on this site, though I'd never tell them personally because I'm a bit of a jerk Image

we have some very knowledgable pros on here as well who've helped me out a time or two. some I've met on gigs, rehearsals, in bars, or in airports, and some I hope to meet someday. even the people i've had disagreements with I'd not hesitate to call "friend" or buy them a round.

some of the most helpful on here are the techs who work a dozen hours a day (at least) and still find time to come on here and help us out.

we have experts in just about every field here, not just trambizzling and its satellite interests. I come here for stuff other than trombone, that's probably why TTF has done so well. we are populated by renaissance people who care enough to share their knowledge about things.

there are some great people on the forum. they definitely outnumber the bad apples.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

In general, I like the fact that it is permitted to ask practical questions here.

You might think that would be standard for a music instrument forum, but... no.

On another forum I frequent, when common questions like "How do I...?" or "What's the best...?" are posed, one of the forum elders will typically step in to assert the naiveté of the question and the questioner along with the inevitable "Ask your teacher!"  Image

It is possible to get poor and dismissive answers here but at least they are not the automatic first response.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: Pteranabone on Mar 13, 2017, 11:38PMI appreciate you volunteering your time and knowledge.    This site is a huge help to me, and I really am impressed by how people will take time to give advice to amateur, returning trombonists like me, as well as young students, etc.   moreover, the moderators seem to keep the trolls at bay.

Yes, thank you guys for all your time and hard work here on the forum. It's really appreciated.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

yeah    50  questions  1000 answers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

It'll do 'till something better comes along.  Image

...Geezer
ttf_Whitbey

Post by ttf_Whitbey »

This thread is an example of why we need a LIKE button!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: dj kennedy on Mar 14, 2017, 09:58AMyeah    50  questions  1000 answers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And sometimes a correct answer!   Image
ttf_blast

Post by ttf_blast »

It would be rude of me not to respond on behalf of the moderating team and say how much we appreciate the sentiments expressed.
It is nice to know that people like this place.

Chris Stearn

Chief Administrator/Moderator.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

My past experience in brass playing with some directions/instructions given to me by TF posters and moderators made me progress very fast. Thanks guys.  Image Image Image
ttf_rlb

Post by ttf_rlb »

Quote from: Exzaclee on Mar 14, 2017, 08:15AM
we have some very knowledgable ... some I've met on gigs, rehearsals, in bars, or in airports, and some I hope to meet someday. ...
And even the nobodies are noticed here - I was surprised when someone knew my screen name at ATW last week.  I said 'famous,' but my wife said 'infamous.'  Image

Thanks
ttf_rlb

Post by ttf_rlb »

Quote from: Exzaclee on Mar 14, 2017, 08:15AM
we have some very knowledgable ... some I've met on gigs, rehearsals, in bars, or in airports, and some I hope to meet someday. ...
And even the nobodies are noticed here - I was surprised when someone knew my screen name at ATW last week.  I said 'famous,' but my wife said 'infamous.'  Image

Thanks

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”