Sore embouchure and slight tremor

ttf_HoldenWelch007

Post by ttf_HoldenWelch007 »

I’m a sophomore in high school, and this year was my first year in marching band. All of the really loud (not blasty) playing that was required really took its toll on my embouchure. Lately, there has been a constant sort of ache in my embouchure muscles and a very slight tremor that occurs when I play the D above the staff and higher. Before marching band I never have had any of these problems, and I don’t want to cause any permanent damage to my playing. I’ve heard of embouchure overuse syndrome, but I don’t understand how to cure it. I plan on taking a couple of days of the horn to let my mouth heal up, but I’m not sure if that will get rid of the tremor. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!!
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Probably too much mouthpiece pressure due to trying to play loud using incorrect mechanics.  You need to correct the problem which is incorrect mechanics.  The pressure, soreness, and tremor are only symptoms.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Probably too much mouthpiece pressure due to trying to play loud using incorrect mechanics.  You need to correct the problem which is incorrect mechanics.  The pressure, soreness, and tremor are only symptoms.

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”