Getting a weird buzz?

ttf_demaxx1

Getting a weird buzz?

Post by ttf_demaxx1 »

Hey guys, I made it through Christmas, I played a good bit at Church and with our community band. Things have been going well considering I had not played in about 25 years. The director said my tone had really come back in a hurry.So the last time I actually played was December 17th, I didn't stop playing at home I tinkered with some Church music, but I was playing my Conn 6H with a Greg Black 5G mouthpiece. Today I got the Bach 42 out. At first I thought I had a leak in the horn! But quickly figured out it was my buzz. Instead of getting a nice Daaaahhhhh. I was getting a b b b b b b b b  ahhhhhhhhh.

Is this because of me going from a small bore to a large bore? Could it be me going from my GB 5G, to my Denis Wick 5ABL? I am dumb founded! 
ttf_demaxx1

Getting a weird buzz?

Post by ttf_demaxx1 »

Well after two days of playing my 42C the weird buzz crap went away. My wife said my lips looked chapped! So maybe that was it. I used some Chop saver for a few nights, and all is good again.
ttf_demaxx1

Getting a weird buzz?

Post by ttf_demaxx1 »

Well after two days of playing my 42C the weird buzz crap went away. My wife said my lips looked chapped! So maybe that was it. I used some Chop saver for a few nights, and all is good again.

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”