Latest piece

ttf_davdud101

Latest piece

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Hey, guys!
I've been talking about how I've been feeling rather limited lately (e.g. the post just two beneath this one Image).
But by just forcing myself to try 'things', I've been able to grasp a small bit of inspiration and create something. It's essentially my shot at making old cartoon music-meets 50's T.V. ad backing music. Let me know what you guys think of the arrangement, recording/mixing and performance quality.

https://soundcloud.com/davdud101/the-red-carpet
ttf_Arranger-Transcriber

Latest piece

Post by ttf_Arranger-Transcriber »

Cute!  It's got a little bit of everything.
ttf_BillO

Latest piece

Post by ttf_BillO »

Are you playing all the instruments?  Or is this done with synthesized/sampled sounds?
ttf_davdud101

Latest piece

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Quote from: BillO on Yesterday at 11:32 AMAre you playing all the instruments?  Or is this done with synthesized/sampled sounds?

All the brass is played by me (trumpets, horns and bones). Everything else is synth/sampled.

Quote from: Arranger-Transcriber on Jul 15, 2017, 09:46PMCute!  It's got a little bit of everything.

Thanks for checking it out fellas!  Image
ttf_BillO

Latest piece

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: davdud101 on Yesterday at 01:41 PMAll the brass is played by me (trumpets, horns and bones). Everything else is synth/sampled.
I'm impressed.  Have you ever thought of doing commercial work?
ttf_davdud101

Latest piece

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Quote from: BillO on Yesterday at 03:21 PMI'm impressed.  Have you ever thought of doing commercial work?

I sure have! (especially of late). Just focusing on finding a way to break in - doing some networking with other musicians, composers and recordists.
ttf_robbo

Latest piece

Post by ttf_robbo »

Great mate!

That's really really good. It's so dated, but so accurate and "cute"Image Great work on the playing, and the mix of live and midi too. It's a careful science, and that aspect could improve, but I know you're working on it. They're actually good sounds that you're using.

You can pop some stuff on my site if you like. PM me if you'd like to chat.

Rob
pigletmusic.com
ttf_robbo

Latest piece

Post by ttf_robbo »

Great mate!

That's really really good. It's so dated, but so accurate and "cute"Image Great work on the playing, and the mix of live and midi too. It's a careful science, and that aspect could improve, but I know you're working on it. They're actually good sounds that you're using.

You can pop some stuff on my site if you like. PM me if you'd like to chat.

Rob
pigletmusic.com

Return to “Composition, Arranging, and Theory”