Gloria Rutter Trombone Parts in Bass Clef

ttf_jessejames

Post by ttf_jessejames »

Does anyone have the Trombone 1 & 2 parts to the Rutter "Gloria", movements I, II & III in bass clef?  We just received the parts for a performance in several weeks and I don't think it's enough time for my young players to learn them.  Any help is appreciated.
ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I learned tenor in a week when I had to in HS.

I remember going in for my first rehearsal for my local orchestra, where my teacher was the principal player at the time and being given music that was all in tenor or alto. He had never bothered to tell me that those clefs even existed. So I sat there looking confused the whole rehearsal. By the next week, I mostly had it figured out. Fear of embarrassment is a strong motivator.

I have played the Gloria a few times. Once with a choir director who was also the organist and tried to conduct the piece from the organ while also conducting a choir and 20 piece orchestra. Let's just say it didn't go well.
ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I learned tenor in a week when I had to in HS.

I remember going in for my first rehearsal for my local orchestra, where my teacher was the principal player at the time and being given music that was all in tenor or alto. He had never bothered to tell me that those clefs even existed. So I sat there looking confused the whole rehearsal. By the next week, I mostly had it figured out. Fear of embarrassment is a strong motivator.

I have played the Gloria a few times. Once with a choir director who was also the organist and tried to conduct the piece from the organ while also conducting a choir and 20 piece orchestra. Let's just say it didn't go well.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”