CMA country Christmas 2017

ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Watched the CMA country Christmas show ..... Anyone name the trombone player and  if you saw it was he playing a K&H. ??
ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

No one else state side watch it?  The guy had a couple of plunger solo's guess he must be a Nashville session player??
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

I'm a big Country music fan, but it doesn't look to be available for international viewers until closer towards Xmas.
I'll be keeping an eye out for it, but won't be able to tell you what trom he's playing.
ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

It was shown on Sky arts in the UK last Sunday!
ttf_bassmike

Post by ttf_bassmike »

That's Barry Green.  Fantastic musician and person, plays a Jupiter last time I saw him. 
ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Quote from: bassmike on Dec 19, 2017, 06:47PMThat's Barry Green.  Fantastic musician and person, plays a Jupiter last time I saw him. 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

The only "country" singer that I ever saw use a trombone in his band is Lyle Lovett, and he is not really country by the standards of today's radio stations. Of course, Lyle also has a cello in the large band (it's not big, it's large).

I love traditional country like Willie Nelson and so forth, but the crap that they play on country stations these days sends me running for the radio dial pretty quick.
ttf_RJMason

Post by ttf_RJMason »

I played trombone with Lady Antebellum on This Christmas.  In the main band it was Barry. Thought he played a Shires horn but could’ve been an XO, especially if he’s a Jupiter artist. That band was smoking, but for cost reasons had to pre-record the entire show in the studio and then mime their parts on stage. Did a pretty great job, band tracks were smokin!
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Quote from: MikeBMiller on Dec 23, 2017, 05:03PMThe only "country" singer that I ever saw use a trombone in his band is Lyle Lovett, and he is not really country by the standards of today's radio stations. Of course, Lyle also has a cello in the large band (it's not big, it's large).

I love traditional country like Willie Nelson and so forth, but the crap that they play on country stations these days sends me running for the radio dial pretty quick.
Merle Haggard used a trom on his album "Chill Factor"
I especially want to learn the solo from "Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star". My Dad sings this song, and we are playing with the idea of putting it on an album with me playing the solo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfGqJzacgQU
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Was aired in Norway yesterday (saturday 23rd). I was wondering who the trombone player was but here I got the info, thanks! Great show!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Was aired in Norway yesterday (saturday 23rd). I was wondering who the trombone player was but here I got the info, thanks! Great show!

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”