Solo suggestions

ttf_RBBERN01

Solo suggestions

Post by ttf_RBBERN01 »

Hi everyone, I’m looking for a solo suggestion for a recital this semester. I’m looking for a lighter piece for unaccompanied trombone or for trombone with electronic accompaniment. I’m wanting a newer and easiest piece, since the rest of the recital is already full of challenging music. Any suggestions you have will be appreciated! Thanks!
ttf_trombonemetal

Solo suggestions

Post by ttf_trombonemetal »

Mippy!!
ttf_djdekok

Solo suggestions

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Bassett Suite for unaccompanied trombone.  It's about eight minutes in length, four short movements, range only goes up to  Image Image or d flat. Not exactly new (1967) but a good test for the trombonist. I performed it several times during my time at U-M.

BUT while I'm at it, based on your comments, I would caution treating an unaccompanied piece as your "fallback" ("easiest", to use your word) piece.  Even though this Bassett Suite doesn't hold the technical challenges of, say, a Bourgeois Concerto or the Ewazen Sonata, your challenge HERE is to create, in miniature, four musical lines that coalesce into one cohesive unit.  His music hints at serialism without being totally atonal.  He was a trombonist too, and master of his compositional craft.  Give the composer his due.
ttf_vegasbound

Solo suggestions

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Boneman walking. By Michael Davis
ttf_vegasbound

Solo suggestions

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Boneman walking. By Michael Davis

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”