3&3 horn section stage seating

ttf_davdud101

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

I've got a gig coming up where the guy in charge of the logistics wants to have all six of us horns (2 tpts/tbn, 3 saxes) in a single row in front of the rhythm section. As far as I can tell from the drawings, the stage looks a bit too small to have two rows, for example (I wanted the 3 brass in the back, 3 saxes in front.)

Theres a podium front and center on the stage, and it's going to be televised on a closed circuit so it's gotta look good for TV (so I don't reckon drums behind the podium would work), and the mirror side of the stage is reserved for choir risers, so no chances there.

I guess it might be easiest for you guys to see the images - but I'm not sure I'm allowed to release them  Image
But any ideas on how one could make somewhat "stubborn setups" like this work?
ttf_uncle duke

Post by ttf_uncle duke »

All I can think of is if all they're going to give you to work with are lemons then you'll just have to make lemonade.  Do your best because it could lead to something better later.
ttf_davdud101

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Straightforward, I was able to bargain into moving some players around a bit behind us to free up space... got the 2 rows of 3, thankfully. In a more demanding situation, I'm sure I'd be pressed to just take what I get. Got lucky this time!
ttf_davdud101

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Straightforward, I was able to bargain into moving some players around a bit behind us to free up space... got the 2 rows of 3, thankfully. In a more demanding situation, I'm sure I'd be pressed to just take what I get. Got lucky this time!

Return to “Performance”