Tuba and bass trom are not interchangeable

ttf_svenlarsson

Post by ttf_svenlarsson »

But most tuba parts can be played on basstrombone but sound much better on tuba.

Some basstrombone parts can be played on tuba, but sound much better on basstrombone.

Some tuba parts can be played on euphonium, sometimes it sound better that way.
ttf_bigbassbone1

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

There is a bunch on solo rep that specifically states that is is for either bass trombone or tuba and sounds good on either. I think some ewazen says that, a few bozza pieces and some of the lebedev ones spring to mind.

I suppose interchanging really only becomes an issue if you are playing in an ensemble.
ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Jul 01, 2017, 02:10AMThere is a bunch on solo rep that specifically states that is is for either bass trombone or tuba and sounds good on either. I think some ewazen says that, a few bozza pieces and some of the lebedev ones spring to mind.

I suppose interchanging really only becomes an issue if you are playing in an ensemble.
I believe that to be the case solo literature is very forgiving regarding what instrument you play it on.  The issues comes when blending and balancing with an ensemble.

ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Jul 01, 2017, 02:10AMThere is a bunch on solo rep that specifically states that is is for either bass trombone or tuba and sounds good on either. I think some ewazen says that, a few bozza pieces and some of the lebedev ones spring to mind.

I believe that to be the case solo literature is very forgiving regarding what instrument you play it on.  The issues comes when blending and balancing with an ensemble.

Return to “Performance”