Minnie The Moocher

ttf_Zandit75

Minnie The Moocher

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

I'm putting this out there, warts and all for the world to see.
This is the first solo I've ever played in front of the band, and while everything went perfectly through practice, I dropped the ball during the performance. Nerves, and the hall being much hotter then I thought go the best of me, and I got flustered. I also think my F trigger was sticking.
So without any further ado, here is Minnie The Moocher, supported by the Ulverstone Municipal Brass Band.
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.quaile/posts/1622474741142777?notif_id=1514190994470614&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic
ttf_Geezerhorn

Minnie The Moocher

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Not everyone does FB, so...

You nailed a lot of the riffs! That's a funky song, so some of the riffs where you had a slight misfire could have been construed by the audience as part of the funk. You got stronger as you went on and delivered a strong ending. Hat's off to you!

Bravo!

...Geezer
ttf_Zandit75

Minnie The Moocher

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Quote from: Geezerhorn on Dec 25, 2017, 05:11PMNot everyone does FB, so...

You nailed a lot of the riffs! That's a funky song, so some of the riffs where you had a slight misfire could have been construed by the audience as part of the funk. You got stronger as you went on and delivered a strong ending. Hat's off to you!

Bravo!

...Geezer

Thanks for the kind words Geezer!! Most appreciated.
ttf_Max Croot

Minnie The Moocher

Post by ttf_Max Croot »

Hi Very well played Daniel. Love Tassie and the enthusiastic bands down south. I have been there many times. I used to go down and help Max McCarron when he conducted the Burnie Band and the Tasmanian festival wind symphony, many years ago. Keep up the good work. Cheers Max.
ttf_Zandit75

Minnie The Moocher

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Quote from: Max Croot on Dec 27, 2017, 03:49PMHi Very well played Daniel. Love Tassie and the enthusiastic bands down south. I have been there many times. I used to go down and help Max McCarron when he conducted the Burnie Band and the Tasmanian festival wind symphony, many years ago. Keep up the good work. Cheers Max.

Thanks Max, most appreciated! There certainly is a lot of competition down here. We had the Nationals here last year, with over 60 bands attending, it was huge!
We're off to the nationals again in Easter, which are being held in Melbourne next year.
ttf_Zandit75

Minnie The Moocher

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Quote from: Max Croot on Dec 27, 2017, 03:49PMHi Very well played Daniel. Love Tassie and the enthusiastic bands down south. I have been there many times. I used to go down and help Max McCarron when he conducted the Burnie Band and the Tasmanian festival wind symphony, many years ago. Keep up the good work. Cheers Max.

Thanks Max, most appreciated! There certainly is a lot of competition down here. We had the Nationals here last year, with over 60 bands attending, it was huge!
We're off to the nationals again in Easter, which are being held in Melbourne next year.

Return to “Performance”