Jason Passmore (1974-2017), Atlanta, GA

ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

I am sad to announce that Georgia State University and the Music world has lost Atlanta local musician Jason Passmore.

https://jasonpassmore.com/

Mr. Passmore was an adjunct faculty member at Perimeter College, GSU and a working musician in the Atlanta Music Scene. He was a talented saxophonist, versatile utility woodwind player, burgeoning composer/arranger, and a humorous fixture among the faculty at our college. I am proud to have had him for Jazz appreciation and I was looking forward to performing with him, for the first time, this Summer with the Perimeter College Jazz Ensemble.

Tonight was my first night with the ensemble. The lead alto chair remained empty. The understandably short rehearsal was followed by an impromptu memorial and fellowship around a table of food items Mr. P would have appreciated: Cajun-style Shrimp, Dublin' Donuts, and black coffee.

Jason Passmore is survived by his wife and two children.

I will attempt to link, upload, or paste the obituary, and any additional information, when I can when I can. I've heard we will dedicate our Summer concert (July 10) and that we may, if the university permits, collect donations for his wife and children.
ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

I am sad to announce that Georgia State University and the Music world has lost Atlanta local musician Jason Passmore.

https://jasonpassmore.com/

Mr. Passmore was an adjunct faculty member at Perimeter College, GSU and a working musician in the Atlanta Music Scene. He was a talented saxophonist, versatile utility woodwind player, burgeoning composer/arranger, and a humorous fixture among the faculty at our college. I am proud to have had him for Jazz appreciation and I was looking forward to performing with him, for the first time, this Summer with the Perimeter College Jazz Ensemble.

Tonight was my first night with the ensemble. The lead alto chair remained empty. The understandably short rehearsal was followed by an impromptu memorial and fellowship around a table of food items Mr. P would have appreciated: Cajun-style Shrimp, Dublin' Donuts, and black coffee.

Jason Passmore is survived by his wife and two children.

I will attempt to link, upload, or paste the obituary, and any additional information, when I can when I can. I've heard we will dedicate our Summer concert (July 10) and that we may, if the university permits, collect donations for his wife and children.

Return to “Other Musicians and Ensembles”