Fayetteville Symphony Section results?

ttf_Robbymeese

Post by ttf_Robbymeese »

Anyone know the results of the Fayetteville Symphony auditions? It got advertised pretty well because all 3 seats were open and Stefan Sanders is now music director.
ttf_W/SBTRB

Post by ttf_W/SBTRB »

My son, Jeremy Smith, won the audition for bass trombone at Fayetteville.  He also won the bass trombone audition for Orchestra Iowa this past Monday. He currently is bass trombonist for the Huntington, WV Symphony. He studied with James Kraft at Grace College, Peter Sullivan at Carnegie Mellon University, John Kitzman, Amanda Davidson,  and Graeme Mutchler. His bass trombone is a 1970 model Conn 62H with a Doug Yeo mouthpiece.The Conn is like my first bass trombone and the mouthpiece use to be mine You might look at his website, lastrowmusician.com. I know of some prominent  trombone professors who make use of his website.

ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Ron, I got a DNS error on www.lastrowmusician.com.  Is that correct?
ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

Quote from: W/SBTRB on Jun 16, 2017, 12:10PMMy son, Jeremy Smith, won the audition for bass trombone at Fayetteville.  He also won the bass trombone audition for Orchestra Iowa this past Monday. He currently is bass trombonist for the Huntington, WV Symphony. He studied with James Kraft at Grace College, Peter Sullivan at Carnegie Mellon University, John Kitzman, Amanda Davidson,  and Graeme Mutchler. His bass trombone is a 1970 model Conn 62H with a Doug Yeo mouthpiece.The Conn is like my first bass trombone and the mouthpiece use to be mine You might look at his website, lastrowmusician.com. I know of some prominent  trombone professors who make use of his website.

That's a heck of a commute. Is he taking both jobs?
ttf_Mark LaFratta

Post by ttf_Mark LaFratta »

Try lastrowmusic

ttf_W/SBTRB

Post by ttf_W/SBTRB »

One would think I would know my son's own website.....www.lastrowmusic.com

As far as taking both positions I am not sure of his plans. 
ttf_Robbymeese

Post by ttf_Robbymeese »

Congrats to Jeremy! I looked at Last Row Music and saw that Jesse Rackley won principal (he had been acting principal this past season.) It was unclear whether they announced a second. Thanks to all for the responses!
ttf_Robbymeese

Post by ttf_Robbymeese »

Congrats to Jeremy! I looked at Last Row Music and saw that Jesse Rackley won principal (he had been acting principal this past season.) It was unclear whether they announced a second. Thanks to all for the responses!

Return to “The Business of Music”