Music for Two Trombones and a Tuba?

ttf_Blackthorne

Post by ttf_Blackthorne »

A few friends and I have been rehearsing some small brass ensemble (think Lucky Chops/Youngblood/No BS) music for the past several months, but as of right now, there are only myself, another trombonist, and a tuba player.  If anyone here happens to know any trumpet and/or saxophone players in the Omaha area we'd love to get in touch with them to see if they'd be interested in joining us, but that's obviously a long shot, so we're thinking that until we get enough of a network established that we can find those people, it's best that we try to work with what we have now.  Classic rock seems to be a crowd pleaser, so we're wanting to put together some arrangements of songs like Don't Stop Believin', Carry On Wayward Son, etc. that would work for the three of us (and we do have a drummer who's willing to join us, so that helps as well), but we're open to anything that'd sound good.  If anyone has any arrangements that you'd be interested in sharing, or knows of any arrangements that I could either download or buy, I'd love to hear from you.
ttf_jackbird

Post by ttf_jackbird »

Try tuba peter. He has some trios and quartets you might be able to use. Some of it is pop/rock style.
ttf_Blackthorne

Quote from: jackbird on Jun 02, 2017, 08:56AMTry tuba peter. He has some trios and quartets you might be able to use. Some of it is pop/rock style.

Thanks a bunch for the quick response.  Image  I'll look him up!

(EDIT: Wow, that site is a gold mine!  Image  I'm really glad you brought that to my attention.)
ttf_Blackthorne

Quote from: jackbird on Jun 02, 2017, 08:56AMTry tuba peter. He has some trios and quartets you might be able to use. Some of it is pop/rock style.

Thanks a bunch for the quick response.  Image  I'll look him up!

(EDIT: Wow, that site is a gold mine!  Image  I'm really glad you brought that to my attention.)

Return to “Musical Miscellany”