New Valve replacement question

ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

Has anyone tried the Instrument Innovations Rotary Valve?
I`m a little curious about it. I`m considering getting different valve set-up for my 42BO/
The more I play this horn (and it plays wonderfully) the more I notice the trigger range is not very open.
I`m not interested in Thayers at all, but this one interests me.
I bought 2 of the Axe Handle systems from them and was blown away by their wanting to work with you to make sure you are happy
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

Lucky for you, I just got my 42B back with an Instrument Innovations rotor!

I haven't had a whole lot of time on it, but so far I am pretty happy with the blow. I think replacing the wrap would help some, which would cost a little more money.
ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

Why replace the wrap?
I`m pretty happy with the open wrap
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

The offset (the little two-curve part coming back into the valve) is a .593 part from a 50B2. A little janky bit of cost-cutting.

My biggest issue with the BO wrap is that it sticks out so far! Other open wraps will not do that.

Of course, if nothing else, having it all taken apart can only be good, to have it assembled without stress.
ttf_TNTBONE

Post by ttf_TNTBONE »

Todd Clontz at Rosso Music in Baltimore is building me a open wrap using Mike's rotary valve. It will be a couple more weeks before it's ready, but he can give you an idea of what the cost would be.

Mike and Kim are the most customer oriented folks I have worked with in a long time. His craftsmanship is superb.. Greg
ttf_TNTBONE

Post by ttf_TNTBONE »

Todd Clontz at Rosso Music in Baltimore is building me a open wrap using Mike's rotary valve. It will be a couple more weeks before it's ready, but he can give you an idea of what the cost would be.

Mike and Kim are the most customer oriented folks I have worked with in a long time. His craftsmanship is superb.. Greg

Return to “Instruments”