Where to buy in Orange County California

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I enjoy going into a store, I do buy online, but i love being able to see and handle equipment, books, horns, etc.
I've been to the Hornguys store in La Crescenta, great guys and even better selection of everything you will ever need.
BUT, I live in Huntington Beach, so going there take a bit of planning (lots of traffic). I'm in need of a store much closer to
home; for supplies. There are a few small independent music stores, but none carry the Softone mute. I'd like to play with it, before buying. Any hidden stores near me? I have small & large bore horns.
ttf_operasingintrombonist

Post by ttf_operasingintrombonist »

Hey there.
I'm in Huntington Beach as well. Unfortunately with the demise of the Horn guys Long Beach Location our options have become VERY limited. Jim's music in Tustin was becoming a bit of an option but then with the departure of an employee that is going down hill. Best bet is probably Bertrand's Music in Mission Viejo if you don't want to drive out to La Crecenta.

ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

The best right now, this week, is to go to the International Trombone Festival at the University of Redlands. 
ttf_operasingintrombonist

Post by ttf_operasingintrombonist »

Quote from: Doug Elliott on Yesterday at 08:18 AMThe best right now, this week, is to go to the International Trombone Festival at the University of Redlands. 

Very true Doug. Wish I could make it, but the rehab from my hip replacement (2 weeks ago) won't allow it.

ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Quote from: operasingintrombonist on Yesterday at 07:35 AMHey there.
Best bet is probably Bertrand's Music in Mission Viejo if you don't want to drive out to La Crescenta.

Good suggestion:

Bertrand's Music and Horn Improvement  
23851 Vía Fabricante
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Hours: Open today · 11AM–6PM   
Phone: (949) 455-4163
ttf_franticslide

Post by ttf_franticslide »

Thank you all for the input... OKAY, Redlands it is. Is there a specific location?
I mean address.... I guess Google, right.

Thank you all
ttf_franticslide

Post by ttf_franticslide »

Yikes, looks like the visit will cost more than the mute... Though, it will most certainly be worth the visit, to see and hear such awesome players.  As a 30+ yr "relinquished to the garage player"  + my LP's, it sounds exciting.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

The exhibit building is the Orton Center, which is on Google Maps but it's still hard to find it when you're there.  Even when you're in the right parking lot, nothing there says "Orton Center."  Exhibit hours are 10am-5pm Thursday and an earlier closing time on Friday, I'm not sure exactly.
ttf_BackBone

Post by ttf_BackBone »

Quote from: Doug Elliott on Jun 29, 2017, 11:28PMThe exhibit building is the Orton Center, which is on Google Maps but it's still hard to find it when you're there.  Even when you're in the right parking lot, nothing there says "Orton Center."  Exhibit hours are 10am-5pm Thursday and an earlier closing time on Friday, I'm not sure exactly.

Can I just walk into the Exibit or do I need special permission/credential?
ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Quote from: BackBone on Yesterday at 07:34 AMCan I just walk into the Exibit or do I need special permission/credential?

I expect that you will have to register for the International Trombone Festival and show a badge to enter the exhibits. 

That's what I plan to do tomorrow (Saturday) - hope the exhibitors will still have some energy left! 
ttf_JohnL

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Quote from: BackBone on Yesterday at 07:34 AMCan I just walk into the Exibit or do I need special permission/credential?
You'll probably need to pay for one day registration.
http://trombonefestival.net/2017

Exhibit hall closes at 2 pm on Saturday.

I was talking to Nick Rail on Wednesday about how he really should consider opening a store in the north OC or maybe Long Beach. He' got stores all around us, but we're the hole in the donut.
ttf_sftrombone

Post by ttf_sftrombone »

The Horn Guys will ship to you same day for delivery next day.  With the right purchase, you may be able to get a free shipping coupon.

SF
ttf_sftrombone

Post by ttf_sftrombone »

The Horn Guys will ship to you same day for delivery next day.  With the right purchase, you may be able to get a free shipping coupon.

SF

Return to “Accessories”