Neotech trombone grip

ttf_savio

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_savio »

I got the Neotech trombone grip today. I really like it, so much better to hold my bass trombones. It can be adjusted to find the best balance for the hand and trombone. Its making it more relaxed to play. Really a good investment and it was simple and cheep!

Leif
ttf_jack

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_jack »

Good product, good price, good review.
ttf_Matt K

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: savio on Aug 25, 2017, 05:35AMI got the Neotech trombone grip today. I really like it, so much better to hold my bass trombones. It can be adjusted to find the best balance for the hand and trombone. Its making it more relaxed to play. Really a good investment and it was simple and cheep!

Leif

Ditto.  Been using them on all my horns for a few months now. Love em
ttf_BackBone

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_BackBone »

Have had one on my old tr183 and now it is on my tr 181. Wonderful grip. Very comfortable. Easy to install. Very affordable. Totally puts you in control of the horn without having to cramp any muscles to hold it which frees up the playing.
ttf_conn88plyr

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_conn88plyr »

Quote from: jack on Aug 25, 2017, 05:42AM Image

Good product, good price, good review.

Agreed!  They are one of the favorites in the shop!
ttf_hyperbolica

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

I recently got a Neotech grip, and I've got a question for those of you who play double trigger bass bones with it. My hands aren't massively large, and with the Neotech mounted, it pushes my hand far enough away from the horn that I can't reach the second lever. Is there a way to bring the grip closer to the horn?
ttf_Matt K

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: hyperbolica on Sep 01, 2017, 06:00AMI recently got a Neotech grip, and I've got a question for those of you who play double trigger bass bones with it. My hands aren't massively large, and with the Neotech mounted, it pushes my hand far enough away from the horn that I can't reach the second lever. Is there a way to bring the grip closer to the horn?

You can unscrew the lock and pivot the angle of it. I have money adjusted one slot lower than normal on my bass. You can also loosen it a little to give you more room by unfastening one or both of the Velcro patches and positioning it more loosely.
ttf_savio

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_savio »

Quote from: hyperbolica on Sep 01, 2017, 06:00AMI recently got a Neotech grip, and I've got a question for those of you who play double trigger bass bones with it. My hands aren't massively large, and with the Neotech mounted, it pushes my hand far enough away from the horn that I can't reach the second lever. Is there a way to bring the grip closer to the horn?

Quote from: Matt K on Sep 01, 2017, 09:26AMYou can unscrew the lock and pivot the angle of it. I have money adjusted one slot lower than normal on my bass. You can also loosen it a little to give you more room by unfastening one or both of the Velcro patches and positioning it more loosely.

I had to do this on my Holton. There is a video of how to adjust it:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=neotech+trombone+grip&&view=detail&mid=DCF01567212E0B67C3AADCF01567212E0B67C3AA&FORM=VRDGAR

Leif
ttf_Alex

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_Alex »

If you do have to take it apart and reassemble at any point, there is a technique with the self tapping screws so you dont strip the threaded holes.
Drop the screw into the hole and rotate as if undoing it. You will feel the screw drop in to the start point for the existing thread. Then tighten as normal. If you cant do it up again with only your forefinger and thumb on the screwdriver then you are most likely cutting a new thread.
ttf_Alex

Neotech trombone grip

Post by ttf_Alex »

If you do have to take it apart and reassemble at any point, there is a technique with the self tapping screws so you dont strip the threaded holes.
Drop the screw into the hole and rotate as if undoing it. You will feel the screw drop in to the start point for the existing thread. Then tighten as normal. If you cant do it up again with only your forefinger and thumb on the screwdriver then you are most likely cutting a new thread.

Return to “Accessories”