Thomann fibertech case

ttf_anonymous

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Has anyone tried the Thomann Fibertech case?
Seems to be new.. Different colors too.
But, wonder if its hard shell or soft?

http://www.thomann.de/se/thomann_fibertech_trombone_carbon.htm

ttf_Sliphorn

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: aleklint on Nov 09, 2015, 01:27PMHas anyone tried the Thomann Fibertech case?
Seems to be new.. Different colors too.
But, wonder if its hard shell or soft?

http://www.thomann.de/se/thomann_fibertech_trombone_carbon.htm

Well, it's shiny so I guess it's hard-shell.
ttf_sfboner

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_sfboner »

Looks like carbon fiber, it's called "fibertech," and the copy says "carbon design."  So I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's made of carbon fiber.
ttf_TromboneMonkey

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_TromboneMonkey »

If it's the same as the Courtois case, and it looks to be, it's not carbon fiber. The protection offered is like a BAM case.
ttf_anonymous

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Ok, so kind of soft then. thanks!
No one that has tried it?
ttf_MattR1

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_MattR1 »

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,87977.msg1099711.html#msg1099711

These were discussed recently, this post may help. Since the discussion I have ordered one as my mate loves his. It is, as said a ban style semi solid case and not carbon fibre but for £130 it is a good looking case. Accord make a nice carbon case but at £800 I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon!!
ttf_Pre59

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

Quote from: MattR1 on Nov 10, 2015, 12:40AMhttp://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,87977.msg1099711.html#msg1099711

These were discussed recently, this post may help. Since the discussion I have ordered one as my mate loves his. It is, as said a ban style semi solid case and not carbon fibre but for £130 it is a good looking case. Accord make a nice carbon case but at £800 I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon!!

.. and in such pretty colours too.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_fibertech_trombone_orange.htm
ttf_bubbachet

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_bubbachet »

Quote from: sfboner on Nov 09, 2015, 02:51PMLooks like carbon fiber, it's called "fibertech," and the copy says "carbon design."  So I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's made of carbon fiber.

It's woven plastic sheet called SRPP. My hockey skates are made of the same stuff.
ttf_anonymous

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: MattR1 on Nov 10, 2015, 12:40AMhttp://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,87977.msg1099711.html#msg1099711

Ah! Didnt find that thread.. Thanks!
ttf_chipolah

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_chipolah »

Wessex is working on carbon fibre cases and should have them available in a few months.  The price will be considerably less than £800.
ttf_MattR1

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_MattR1 »

Chipolah

Please update us when they are ready, I'd be very interested in one.  I'm not far from Your place in Hampshire and have been there to have a blow on the tubas in the past.

Matt
ttf_armjstp

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_armjstp »

Quote from: TromboneMonkey on Nov 09, 2015, 04:43PMIf it's the same as the Courtois case, and it looks to be, it's not carbon fiber. The protection offered is like a BAM case.

You are right!

ttf_Jeff Smith

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_Jeff Smith »

Anyone know if these come in bass trombone sizes?
ttf_MattR1

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_MattR1 »

They are only tenor sizes at the moment but wouldn't fit an open wrap Conn or Bach.  I have bought one for my 36B and it is great for the price.  I'm sure a bass size will follow soon
ttf_Sliphorn

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: chipolah on Nov 13, 2015, 11:09AMWessex is working on carbon fibre cases and should have them available in a few months.  The price will be considerably less than £800.
Great to hear.  Are you doing slides and bells, too?  I'm in.
ttf_HouBassTrombone

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_HouBassTrombone »

I have one of these but it wasn't made for Thomann. It is a Chinese made case. Seems very good. I got it for $75. The version that I have is only for a traditional wrap horn. We are getting the open wrap version in. So far I love it. But let's see how it lasts.
ttf_greenbean

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_greenbean »

I bought a Thomann Fibretech recently.  It was marked down as a B-stock item because it has some scratches; otherwise a new case.  I like it.  This appears to be a well-made and very lightweight case that is backpack-able.  A lot of case for the money.  (Assuming it lasts a good long time...)  Most horns should fit except horns with wide tuning slides, like Kings and Benges, and horns with "exotic" valves.  I tried an 88H Lindberg - not even close.

What I like:

Very smartly designed.  It keeps the slide and bell section securely held.  It has two compartments - one of which is deep enough to hold mouthpieces.  The compartments cannot open when the case is closed. The innner materials all look and feel nice. All the hardware is metal (!), including the carabiners that hold the backpack straps.  The straps are well-designed and have grippy and reflective materials.  The case is intended to be carried bell-down but you can flip the straps and carry it bell-up.  The handle is comfortable and works well.  The is a second strap at the top of the case to carry it vertically. 

What I would change:

It only has 2 latches - most cases have 3 or 4.  The outer shell material is plastic and, well... looks like plastic. 

ttf_HouBassTrombone

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_HouBassTrombone »

I agree with what he says!
ttf_anonymous

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Sorry to awaken a super old thread - but does anyone know if an open wrap R4 would fit into one of these?
I've currently got a trad 88H but hoping to upgrade in the longer-term. Don't want an obsolete case once I do!
ttf_robinsjanis

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_robinsjanis »

I have an R400, it fits perfectly.
ttf_robinsjanis

Thomann fibertech case

Post by ttf_robinsjanis »

I have an R400, it fits perfectly.

Return to “Accessories”