Technician Suggestions for Silvertone 2B Repair Estimate

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello all,

Recently purchased this vintage horn for a tremendous bargain and made sure to communicate the importance of packing it carefully but that advice was not heeded by FEDEX and the beautiful bell was scratched up on it's way over. In order to complete my damage claim I need an estimate of what it would take to repair this horn to the condition it was in before shipping. Does anyone know who I could contact for an estimate? I took it by my local shop and he said he wouldn't give me an estimate because he wouldn't actually provide the service for it. I've actually been advised against going through with the repair as the horn still plays great and I wouldn't want to make the bell any thinner than it is but I would still like to be reimbursed for the damages.

Any other advice would be appreciated, thank you!

ttf_bigbandaxes

Post by ttf_bigbandaxes »

I would suggest calling the Conn-Selmer (old King factory) in Eastlake Ohio. When I worked there we did repairs on vintage horns all the time.
ttf_bigbandaxes

Post by ttf_bigbandaxes »

I would suggest calling the Conn-Selmer (old King factory) in Eastlake Ohio. When I worked there we did repairs on vintage horns all the time.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”