Looking for 6H Inners

ttf_MikeBMiller

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I have a Conn 6H, early 60's vintage,  that I picked up cheap from Goodwill a year or so ago. My local tech took the slide from useless to pretty good, but now I want to take it from pretty good to like new, as I really like the sound of this horn. I asked him to put new inners on the slide. He is telling me that Conn-Selmer no longer sells these parts and that his regular supplier for aftermarket parts, a company called Allied Supply, is seriously backordered. Does anyone know of another source for these parts? Or is there another .500 bore inner slide tube that would work?

Thanks.
ttf_bonearzt

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

Check with Mike Bulow at M/K Drawing.

https://www.mkdrawing.com/

Eric

ttf_MikeBMiller

Looking for 6H Inners

Thanks. I emailed those guys.

Are inner slide tubes pretty much interchangeable between brands as long as they are the correct bore?

ttf_Arrowhead99

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_Arrowhead99 »

Well usually Conn slides are interchangeable from any model. You can take a slide from a 12H, 10H, 32H, etc. and put it with the 6H bell and it should work fine. You can also put an Edwards slide onto a Conn bell (though it will change the sound).
You can send your slide to the Slide Dr. and he can order new inners but I'm not sure it's going to match the exact dimensions of the Conn 6H outer slide. You can send him an email and ask.
ttf_Gabe Langfur

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_Gabe Langfur »

You might have your tech check with Shires as well.
ttf_slide advantage

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

Quote from: bonearzt on Nov 20, 2017, 08:12AMCheck with Mike Bulow at M/K Drawing.

https://www.mkdrawing.com/

Eric

Eric, order two of them. It is time for my slide redo!
ttf_MikeBMiller

Looking for 6H Inners

Quote from: Arrowhead99 on Nov 23, 2017, 06:31AMWell usually Conn slides are interchangeable from any model. You can take a slide from a 12H, 10H, 32H, etc. and put it with the 6H bell and it should work fine. You can also put an Edwards slide onto a Conn bell (though it will change the sound).
You can send your slide to the Slide Dr. and he can order new inners but I'm not sure it's going to match the exact dimensions of the Conn 6H outer slide. You can send him an email and ask.

I'm not going to say my local guy is as good as the slide doc, but he is pretty darn good for an old guy working out of his garage. I would imagine he has access to the same suppliers as any other tech.
ttf_greenbean

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_greenbean »

C-S and Allied would be the obvious places that techs would go.  But I can't imagine it would be hard to locate them somewhere else, seeing as they are .500 inners.  Some shops probably have some on hand.  A&G / Best Repair in Oakland might.  Or maybe... pull them off a Yamaha 354?...
ttf_MikeBMiller

Looking for 6H Inners

About the same time that MK told me they could do them for me, my tech said the ones on back order had come in. FWIW, MK was going to sell them to me for $100 each, which seems pretty reasonable.
ttf_bonearzt

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

Quote from: MikeBMiller on Nov 29, 2017, 02:09PMAbout the same time that MK told me they could do them for me, my tech said the ones on back order had come in. FWIW, MK was going to sell them to me for $100 each, which seems pretty reasonable.

$100 is typical for small bore inner tubes,  and as long as the dimensions match; bore, stocking O.D., length,  then they most likely will work.

Allied gets their Conn tubes FROM Conn-Selmer or M/K Drawing.  They don't draw their own tubes!

Eric

ttf_bonearzt

Looking for 6H Inners

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

Quote from: MikeBMiller on Nov 29, 2017, 02:09PMAbout the same time that MK told me they could do them for me, my tech said the ones on back order had come in. FWIW, MK was going to sell them to me for $100 each, which seems pretty reasonable.

$100 is typical for small bore inner tubes,  and as long as the dimensions match; bore, stocking O.D., length,  then they most likely will work.

Allied gets their Conn tubes FROM Conn-Selmer or M/K Drawing.  They don't draw their own tubes!

Eric

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”