Wooden Thumb Lever

ttf_TNTBONE

Wooden Thumb Lever

Post by ttf_TNTBONE »

I would like to replace the wooden thumb lever on my Shires rotary valve with a thicker lever covering. Does anyone know if an Edwards wooden trigger dowel would fit a Shires? Anyone have any other recommendations? I know someone on the forum was making wooden thumb rests at one time, but I can't find their contact info.. Thanks, Greg
ttf_john jenkins

Wooden Thumb Lever

Post by ttf_john jenkins »

If it doesn't fit, you could always drill it out to the appropriate size. And if it's too large, you could fill the hole with some space filler which eventually hardens.
ttf_BGuttman

Wooden Thumb Lever

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I think it was Forum Member Lawrie who was making the thumb rests.

If the wooden dowel is too small, look at getting some vinyl or rubber hose whose inside diameter is the same as the wood dowel.
ttf_Lawrie

Wooden Thumb Lever

Post by ttf_Lawrie »

Hi Bruce, I don't make wooden lever dowels, I make a brace that has a cork cushion.

If I may suggest, some heat shrink tube might be a good way to increase the dowel diameter easily.
ttf_SilverBone

Wooden Thumb Lever

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

The guy making the wooden levers is named Antonio Patrick.  Forum name: AntonioPatrick.  Don't know if he's still doing it.
ttf_SilverBone

Wooden Thumb Lever

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

The guy making the wooden levers is named Antonio Patrick.  Forum name: AntonioPatrick.  Don't know if he's still doing it.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”